Strawberry Blueberry Yogurt Parfaits are healthy, budget-friendly, no bake desserts made with greek yogurt, granola, strawberries, and blueberries, and are sweet, creamy, crunchy and yummy!
As I mentioned previously, I’m currently cooking for my Mother-in-Law who is diabetic, and recently had heart surgery and requires a heart healthy, diabetic diet. If that is not enough, she also has a fierce sweet tooth. Trying to reconcile the dietary requirements with her sweet tooth is a challenge to say the least.
In addition, I have a full-time job in addition to blogging. So, like many of you, I’m busier than a centipede in a shoe lace tying competition. So I need a dessert that is quick and easy and no fuss.
And, of course, my family, especially my Mother-in-Law needs to like it. If I mention greek yogurt, she says she does not like the taste. However, if I ask if she would like strawberries, blueberries and cream, then it is ok. I add a little diabetic sugar to the greek yogurt as well as the berries, and she loves it! Shhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Don’t tell her.
I also like the versatility of this because it can either be breakfast, dessert, or an afternoon snack. So easy!! You can use a store bought granola. However, I just toasted some oats and pecans for about 8 minutes in the oven and was good to go. And, it is SOOO much cheaper than buying prepared granola! Saahhhweeet!!
Don’t be shy! Leave me a comment and let me know for which meal are you going to make this delicious Strawberry Blueberry Yogurt Parfait? Breakfast? Dessert? Afternoon snack? I’m waiting to hear from you!
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
RECOMMENDED COOKING EQUIPMENT
Strawberry Blueberry Yogurt Parfaits
- 12 ounces plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar or to taste. Or use your preferred sugar substitute. I used Whey Low.
- 1/4 cup granola store bought or homemade
- 1 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl mix together yogurt and sugar or sugar substitute.
- Add two tablespoons of granola in the bottom of a parfait glass.
- Top with 1/4 of yogurt, followed by 1/4 of strawberries.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 of blueberries.
- Repeat layers.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 for the 2nd parfait glass.
- Serve immediately.
If you like this recipe, try this Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Parfait.
You might also like this Rocky Road Smoothie.
You may also like these yummy Blueberry Crumb Bars.