Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Parfaits are healthy, delicious desserts made with pumpkin puree, maple syrup, greek yogurt, and gingersnap cookies.
It is time once again for The Secret Recipe Club reveal! This month I was assigned to the blog Canela Kitchen written by Glora who who lives in Santiago, Chile. How cool is that? Her beautiful blog is full of mouth-watering recipes, which are written in both English and Spanish, and includes some authentic Chilean recipes. I bookmarked several recipes to try including Cappuccino Mousse and Dulce de leche and Almonds Treats, a Chilean treat. But since it is pumpkin season, I thought I’d make her Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Parfait recipe, which is a healthier pumpkin dessert.
This yummy, healthy dessert includes pumpkin puree, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup (or honey), greek yogurt, and ginger cookies. I used maple syrup instead of honey and gingersnap cookies.
Gloria added a couple of tablespoons of heavy cream to the greek yogurt but I decided to omit that from mine.
Thank you, Gloria, for a delicious healthy pumpkin parfait!
Thank you for visiting. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Flavor Mosaic to have recipes delivered to your inbox. Follow Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings!
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup or honey adjust amount to taste
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- gingerbread cookies crumbled
- In a bowl add the pumpkin puree and stir in the pumpkin pie spice and maple syrup or honey.
- In each of the 4 glasses or mason jars, layer the gingerbread cookies, then the yogurt and then the pumpkin puree, and repeat.
- Sprinkle each glass or jar with crumbled gingerbread cookies
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.