While I am busy working, Shelby of The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch has graciously agreed to do a guest blog post to help me out. Shelby is an experienced blogger with hundreds (or maybe thousands) of amazing recipes and wonderful stories about her life. Please be sure to visit Shelby at her blog and on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Google+. Continuing this week’s strawberry theme, today Shelby is sharing a delicious and gorgeous Easy Strawberry Mouse. Take it away Shelby!
Just a few weeks ago when I was on vacation, Michele did a guest post for me with her delicious Bang Bang Chicken recipe. This week I am returning the favor to her by sharing this awesome Easy Strawberry Mousse!
This recipe seemed scary to me at first. After all, it had unflavored gelatin in it which is something I don’t normally use. I was also unsure how it would work because I wanted to use Splenda instead of sugar. However, I had all these strawberries that I really needed to use up so I bit the bullet and made the recipe and am really so glad that I did!
Easy really is the word for this Strawberry Mousse recipe. This was light, fluffy, flavorful, and the perfect little ending to a meal. This recipe is special on its own with no frilly toppings! If your looking for a dessert to impress guests with this summer, then I definitely think is one you should try. Thank you Michele for allowing me to share this creamy, light, fresh and delicious strawberry mousse with your readers!
- 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
- 5 tablespoons splenda
- 5 tablespoons water divided
- 3/4 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- dash salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Toss chopped berries and splenda together and place in food processor. Let stand 10 minutes then process until smooth.
- Pour 2 tablespoons water in a large bowl and sprinkle with the gelatin. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Once the gelatin has sat, add to egg whites and whisk until foamy. Add 1 tablespoon splenda and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Set whites aside and over medium heat in small saucepan, bring 4 tablespoons splenda, 3 tablespoon water and dash of salt to a boil. Cook until 240 degrees (about 4 minutes).
- Gradually whisk syrup and vanilla into egg whites and beat at high speed until high peaks form.
- Fold 1/4 of the egg white mixture into the strawberry mixture. Then fold strawberry mixture into remaining egg white mixture. Divide between 6 dessert parfait glasses. Chill 2 hours before serving.
Check back tomorrow for more strawberry recipes! In the meantime, check out these amazing strawberry recipes.
Thank you for visiting. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Flavor Mosaic to have recipes delivered to your inbox. Follow Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings!