Easy Blueberry Muffins are light and sweet and bursting with blueberries and a hint of lemon.
A few weeks ago we went to my sister’s house for a small get together. Just before I left she asked me if I would like to take some fresh blueberries. They were leaving on vacation in a couple of days and didn’t want the blueberries to go bad while they were gone. Of course I accepted them.
Now that I had the blueberries what should I make? I had already made the delicious Blueberry Crumb Bars and the amazing Glazed Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake. I realized, however, that I didn’t have any blueberry muffins on the blog. Everyone loves blueberry muffins. So I must make them…for you, my fans. I wouldn’t be so selfish as to just make them for me. 😉 I will, but I will share them with you!
I wanted muffins to be a little bit healthier but not too far out there. So I added some plain greek yogurt to the muffins. In addition, I used Whey Low sugar substitute instead of regular sugar.
For what occasional will you make these Easy Blueberry muffins?
Thank you for visiting. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Flavor Mosaic to have recipes delivered to your inbox. Follow Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings!
Easy Blueberry Muffins
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour plus 2 tablespoons for coating berries)
- 1 cup sugar I use Whey Low brand
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest from one large lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl mix together the egg, lemon juice, vanilla, oil, and greek yogurt.
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined. Batter will be thick. If necessary, add a little milk to thin out.
- Add 2 tablespoons of flour to evenly coat the blueberries. Stir in the flour-coated blueberries into the batter.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter into a greased muffin tin and bake for 15-18 minutes.
If you like these blueberry muffins, try our Strawberry Muffins also.
You may also like our Blueberry Crumb Bars.
If you want another blueberry recipe, try my Glazed Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake.