While I am busy working this week, I have some fabulous bloggers guest posting for me. Today Mary Ellen with That’s My Home is sharing her gorgeous, mouthwatering Strawberry Margarita Pie! Mary Ellen has been cooking and baking all her life and it shows. Take it away Mary Ellen!
Hi everyone, I am Mary Ellen and I blog over at That’s My Home. Michele was so sweet and asked me to guest post for her this week while she is traveling so I am coming over and bringing a Strawberry Margarita Pie that won’t heat up your kitchen. I love Flavor Mosaic and visit often here for inspiration. I can’t wait to try Michele’s recipe for Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Scampi.
Today was Happy Hour Taco Day at my house. I had shopped yesterday at a wonderful Mexican grocery store by me and came home with all kinds of delicious goodies. The foodie in me could of spent half a day in that store. Happy hour started out with some Watermelon Margaritas and a Luscious Mexican Chili Dip.
This delicious cool drink can be made with or without alcohol and will surely help you beat the heat. Today where I live they said it felt like over 108 when you went outside. The watermelon added to the margarita mix really tones the citrus down and adds a wonderful touch of sweetness.
I kind of had an unplanned theme working here on Taco Thursday with limes being the star of the day. I have recently discovered how fresh and bright lime can be and the subtle changes it can make to a dish. I used to always use lemons when I wanted a citrus burst of flavor but they have been replaced in my kitchen recently. I even made a spicy Mexican corn dish tonight for dinner that was again kissed with lime.
I think you are going to love this Strawberry Margarita Pie. You can put this together the night before and just be sure to put it in the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. This freezer dessert is the best of both worlds, it is smooth and creamy like ice cream but it’s a pie instead. It has a pretzel crust with a hint of lime zest for a citrus surprise. You can make this in less than 30 minutes and it is ready whenever you are.
Strawberry Margarita Pie is an easy freezer dessert, made with a pretzel crust, and a smooth and creamy strawberry filling that is like ice cream but it’s a pie instead.
- 2 cups finely crushed pretzels
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 16-ounce package fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 tablespoons. tequila
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream whipped
- Fresh strawberries Lime slices or wedges
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crush pretzels in a food processor or a rolling pin. Add the melted butter, sugar and lime zest. Pat crumbs on bottom of a 9 inch spring-form pan and half way up the sides. Bake for 7 minutes. Cool.
- Wash and cut up strawberries. Pulse in food processor until crushed. Add sweetened condensed milk, tequila, triple sec and lime juice. Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold in half of the cream into the strawberry mixture. Carefully fold in the remaining cream. Pour into cooled crust. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Take out of freezer and put in refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh strawberries and lime slices.
Stay tuned to Flavor Mosaic later this week for more fabulous strawberry recipes as Shelby Ruttan shares her Easy Strawberry Mouse!
Until then you can enjoy these recipes:
For more Mexican Desserts, check out these recipes: