MMM! Pumpkin Streusel Muffins Drizzled with White Chocolate! Imagine a chilly, blustery fall morning, with the autumn-colored red, orange and yellow leaves falling from the trees. You are inside sipping your coffee (or your favorite Starbucks expresso, latte, you fill in the type of coffee), wrapped in your bulky sweater, the aroma of cinnamon and pumpkin wafting in the air, and then the pumpkin streusel muffins come out of the oven and you slowly drizzle melted white chocolate over the tops of the muffins and it drips, drips, drips down the sides onto the plate. You slowly take a bite of the warm muffin, crumbly streusel, and melted chocolate; and……aahhhh, Heaven!
Are you hungry now?
I have to only imagine a chilly, blustery morning with autumn colored leaves because basically we do not have much of a fall here in Southeast Texas. We jump from Summer to a mild winter. No fall color here.
However, I can pretend it is fall by making these scrumptious Pumpkin Streusel Muffins Drizzled with White Chocolate. Oh, you will thank me for these. Trust me! Go ahead, make them, eat them, and share them (if there are any leftover). Enjoy!
Pumpkin Streusel Muffins Drizzled with White Chocolate
White Chocolate Drizzle
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease, spray with baking spray, or line 2 dozen muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine 3 cups flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup white sugar, vegetable oil, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla extract together.
- Stir flour mixture into pumpkin mixture; mix well.
- Using a fork, combine the flour, sugar, walnuts, butter, and cinnamon for the streusel topping.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin; and sprinkle each muffin with streusel topping.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- While the muffins are cooling, add the white chocolate chips and shortening in the top of a double boiler and heat over low heat. Stir until the white chocolate is melted. Then immediately drizzle the white chocolate over the muffins and serve.