Salsa Chicken is about the easiest chicken dish you will ever see. It is amazing that it can be so delicious with so few ingredients, and so little work.
For this recipe I used boneless, skinless, chicken thighs because they retain moisture better than chicken breasts when baking. However, boneless skinless chicken breasts would work also. With chicken breasts you have to be very careful to not overcook them because they can become dry.
I love to mix cuisines. I actually mixed Mexican and Italian in this recipe, using what I have on hand. How easy is it? I just placed foil in a baking dish, and sprayed it with cooking spray. Then place the chicken thighs in the dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and taco seasoning. Then spoon about a tablespoon of spaghetti sauce on each chicken breast and then spoon about 1 or two tablespoons of chunky salsa. Then bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, and you have dinner!
I was surprised at how much Mr. Flavor Mosaic liked the chicken. He said he definitely wanted me to make this dish again. To keep the chicken healthy, I added a little pico de gallo, on top before serving, and served with sautéed vegetables. (I used Bird’s Eye Recipe Ready frozen vegetables), and fresh strawberries and blueberries.
Quick, Easy, Fresh, Healthy, Delicious. A meal the whole family will love.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon low sodium taco seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa or pico de gallo salsa
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cover a baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place the boneless, skinless chicken thighs in the baking dish. Season them with salt and pepper to taste, and then sprinkle each piece of chicken with taco seasoning.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of spaghetti sauce on to each piece of chicken. Then top each with about a tablespoon or two of chunky salsa.
- Bake for 20 minutes until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
For more healthy, delicious chicken recipes try my Cajun Blackened Chicken.
Another quick and healthy chicken dish is my Texas Thai Tacos.
This post may be included in one of these fantastic link parties.
If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox.
Marion@Life Tastes Good says
I love that you used chicken thighs! I make something similar, but I always used chicken breasts. I am definitely going to make it with the chicken thighs next go around! Thanks!!