Pumpkin Tres Leches (Three Milks) Cake with Amaretto Whipped Cream Topping is a light and airy sponge cake soaked in a pumpkin three-milk cream sauce (like a poke cake), and topped with an Amaretto Whipped Cream Topping.
I love Tres Leches Cake, and especially this Pumpkin Tres Leches Cake with Amaretto Whipped Cream Topping. I am told Tres Leches cake is one of the most popular desserts in Mexico and Latin America. I can see why with its delicious moist cake and creamy whipped topping. An extremely popular local Latin American restaurant chain in town is known for its tres leches cake. It tastes amazing!
I decided to recreate this luscious dessert at home, except I added my own touch to the recipe. To celebrate fall, I added pumpkin to the three milks to make a pumpkin cream sauce to be poured over the cake. Secondly, instead of vanilla, I added a LorAnn Pumpkin Spice Bakery Emulsion to the cake and a touch of LorAnn Amaretto flavored oil to the whipped cream topping. Those additions really took this cake over the top.
This cake is perfect for a celebration, birthday, or a special occasion such as an anniversary. It would also be great for the holidays. My family may see it for Thanksgiving or Christmas this year.
When LorAnn Oils offered to send members of the Online Blog Conference 2014 three flavors of their oils to sample, I jumped at the opportunity, and selected from their huge selection the LorAnn Pumpkin Spice Bakery Emulsion and the Amaretto flavored oil. These little bottles offer a big punch of flavor. A small amount is all that is needed in the recipe. If you love to bake or make candy, you will love LorAnn oils. These will be perfect for holiday baking.
For what occasion will you make this Pumpkin Tres Leches Cake with Amaretto Whipped Cream Topping?
Thank you for visiting. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Flavor Mosaic to have recipes delivered to your inbox. Follow Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings!
Pumpkin Tres Leches Cake
Pumpkin Tres Leches Cream
Amaretto Whipped Cream Topping
- 2 cups Heavy Cream For Whipping
- 1/8 teaspoon LorAnn Amaretto Flavored Oil
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with baking spray, or grease the pan with butter and flour.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Separate eggs yolks from egg whites.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks with 3/4 cup sugar on high speed until the color is a pale yellow. Stir in milk and pumpkin emulsifier. Pour egg yolk mixture over the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Then add in remaining 1/4 cup sugar and beat until egg whites are stiff.
- Gently fold egg white mixture into the batter until just combined. Pour batter evenly into prepared pan. Spread batter with a spatula to even it out.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Invert cake out onto a platter and let cool.
- Combine condensed milk, evaporated milk, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and heavy cream in a bowl. When cake is cool, pierce the surface numerous times with a fork. Slowly pour the pumpkin cream mixture over the cake.
- Allow the cake to absorb the milk mixture for at least 30 minutes. I recommend covering the cake and refrigerating overnight.
- For the amaretto whipped topping, whip 1 pint heavy cream with 1/8th teaspoon amaretto flavored oil and 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar until it is thick and spreadable.
- Spread the whipped topping evenly over the cake. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cut into squares and serve.
Be sure to check out these other fabulous recipes made with LorAnn Oils and Flavors.
Pumpkin Spice Latte French Macarons from Rickabamboo
Amaretto Cookies from The Blonde in the Apron
Pumpkin Spice Protein Smoothie from Nel’s Nook
Almond Cake Cookies with Cinnamon Spice Glaze from Mom’s Test Kitchen
Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
Purple People Eater Popcorn Balls from Seven Alive
Pumpkin Pie Pudding Parfait from Fearlessly Creative Mamas
Key Lime Margarita Cookies from Lori’s Culinary Adventures
Chocolate Irish Cream Bundt Cake from Lynsey Lou’s
Maple Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Salted Maple Caramel Sauce from The Paisley Barn
Citrus Body Scrub from Melissa’s Cuisine
Lactose Free Bacarian Cream Pudding from Travel Parent
Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn Snacks from Grumpy’s Honey Bunch
If you like this recipe, be sure to also check out my most popular recipe, Pumpkin Praline Bread Pudding.
Another pumpkin recipe you may like is my Pumpkin Streusel Muffins drizzled with White Chocolate.
Looking for a pumpkin dessert without the eggs? Try my Eggless Pumpkin Bread.