This eggless vegan pumpkin bread tastes fantastic.
Why did I make this? Am I allergic to eggs? No. But it would be an excellent option for someone who is.
Am I vegan? No. However, I believe vegans would like this recipe.
Why did I make it? Well. I was out of eggs, of course! I would like to say there was a much more noble cause than that, but that’s why.
I wanted pumpkin bread NOW, but was out of eggs and didn’t feel like going to the store. So I found this recipe from Joy The Baker and tweaked it some for what I had on hand. Here is the result!
A Moist delicious vegan Pumpkin Bread that is made without using eggs or dairy.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/3 cups granulated sugar I use Whey Low Granular sugar substitute
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed (I use Whey Low Gold sugar substitute)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree or just under two cups
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl stir together the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the wet ingredients: pumpkin puree, oil, apple sauce, maple syrup and water.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until everything is combined. Toss in the walnuts and stir until evenly distributed.
Pour half the dough into one greased and floured loaf pan, and the other half of the dough into a second greased and floured loaf pan.
Bake for about 1 hour.
Let cool for about 15 minutes before serving.
For more delicious pumpkin recipes, try some of these Flavor Mosaic favorites: