This Crustless Pumpkin Pie keeps only the best part of the pumpkin pie, the pumpkin pie filling, and is so delicious that you won’t miss the crust.
It is one of my favorite Fall pumpkin dessert recipes for Thanksgiving and holidays and I hope it becomes a favorite of yours too!
It seems like every year at Thanksgiving we have more people in our family that are trying to eat healthily, lose weight, or are just trying not to overdo it at the Thanksgiving dinner.
That is why this year I will be serving this delicious Crustless Pumpkin Pie because it keeps the best-tasting part of the pumpkin pie, the pumpkin pie filling, and loses the crust. But trust me, you won’t miss the pumpkin pie crust.
Table of Contents
Since this Crustless Pumpkin Pie loses the crust, it loses all of those calories that go with the crust too. It is also a great option for a Thanksgiving dessert if you are looking for a delicious gluten-free pumpkin pie.
How To Make A Crustless Pumpkin Pie
In addition to being delicious and lower calorie than regular pumpkin pie, it is even easier to make than regular pumpkin pie because you don’t have to make a crust. Let me show you how easy it is to make this Crustless Pumpkin Pie.
All you have to do is combine all the ingredients for the Crustless Pumpkin Pie in a large mixing bowl and mix them together.
Then pour the pumpkin pie filling mixture in a pie pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 degrees F for about 55 minutes. Then let cool for several hours, preferably overnight.
Tips for a Perfect Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- Use Pumpkin Puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Use evaporated milk and not sweetened condensed milk.
- Allow the eggs to come to room temperature before using in the recipe.
- After pouring the pumpkin pie filling into the pie plate, try to keep the pie plate level so the batter stays at an even height across the pie plate. You don’t want one side of the pie to be thicker than the other side of the pie.
Tips For Baking a Perfect Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- When the pie is baking be sure to check the pie after 45 minutes. In my oven, it took about 55 minutes but every oven is different. Some will cook faster and some will cook slower.
- When you pull the Crustless Pumpkin Pie out of the oven, it may not have firmed up completely. It may be slightly jiggly, but only slightly.
- If it is still quite jiggly then bake the pie for 5 or 10 minutes longer.
- Allow the Crustless Pumpkin Pie to cool for several hours, preferably overnight. That will allow the pie to completely set and make it much easier to cut into slices.
- Don’t try to slice the pie until after it has cooled completely. Otherwise, you will likely have mounds of pumpkin on the plate instead of nice slices of pumpkin pie. So be patient, and wait until it cools.
- Top the pie with whipped cream, if desired, just before serving.
Can I Make This Crustless Pumpkin Pie Ahead of Time?
Yes. As a matter of fact, I recommend making this Crustless Pumpkin Pie a day before you plan to serve it because it requires refrigeration time, preferably overnight. That allows the pie to firm up and makes it easier to cut. Then you can top it with whipped cream just before serving.
What Are Some Other Pumpkin Recipes?
Do you love this Crustless Pumpkin Pie as much as I do? Then, you will love these other pumpkin recipes because they are our family favorites.
Pumpkin Praline Bread Pudding – a bread pudding with bread soaked in a pumpkin custard, and drizzled with a pecan praline sauce.
Pumpkin Flan – A delicious, creamy Pumpkin custard dessert with a sweet caramel sauce.
Pumpkin Walnut Crunch Cake – This sweet, creamy, crunchy Pumpkin Walnut Crunch Cake is a crowd-pleasing Fall dessert. Serve with ice cream over the top.
Pumpkin Pie with a Gingersnap Crust – This Pumpkin Pie with a Gingersnap Crust is a scrumptious, creamy pumpkin pie with a crunchy, crumbly gingersnap crust, Greek yogurt, and much less sugar than a traditional pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin Pie Tacos – Fried Tortilla taco shells covered in cinnamon sugar and filled with pumpkin pie and topped with whipped cream.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
Crustless Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 (15-ounce can) Pure Pumpkin (Pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 (12-ounce can) evaporated milk (can use evaporated skim milk)
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Whipped Cream (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9″ pie pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling into the prepared pie pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55 minutes. If still quite jiggly, bake for another 5 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving. Best to refrigerate overnight.