Cinnamon Apple Pie Bread Pudding is a simple yet delicious dessert or breakfast that tastes like a combination of apple pie and cinnamon rolls.
A delicious, sweet bread pudding with apples, cinnamon, walnuts, and sugar drizzled with a sweet vanilla glaze that is super easy to make.
It is about this time in August when the temperatures reach 100 that I start dreaming about fall….cooler weather, fall colors, and fall foods, especially apples.
I was reading Real Housemom’s blog post where she mentioned driving to the Oregon coast when temperatures reached 100. In Southeast Texas there is nowhere I can drive to escape the heat. I could drive to the Texas Gulf coast and get a breeze to go with the 95 degree temperatures but that is about it.
So instead I cranked up the air conditioner and started baking. For me to make dessert, you know it has to be simple. I can’t decorate a cake or cupcake to save my life.
The dessert is so delicious yet so easy and budget friendly. Just bread, cream, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, apple pie filling, walnuts, and a sweet icing. It tastes like an apple pie cinnamon roll. It would be perfect for breakfast or dessert, and it will feed a crowd.
I can think of nothing better than waking up and to a serving of this Cinnamon Apple Pie Bread Pudding, with a cup of coffee. Thinking about some personalization to your coffee mugs? Shutterfly has many mug templates and patterns that can inspire you.
So will you make this Cinnamon Apple Pie Bread Pudding for breakfast or dessert?
Before you do, be sure to check out these other awesome apple recipes!
If you love this bread pudding, try my popular Pumpkin Praline Bread Pudding!
For another delicious apple recipe, try my Apple Cinnamon White Cake with Vanilla Glaze.
Thank you for visiting. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Flavor Mosaic to have recipes delivered to your inbox. Follow Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings!
Cinnamon Apple Pie Bread Pudding Recipe
- 1 pound loaf challah bread or french bread, or cinnamon bread
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon divided
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla divided
- 1 (20 ounce can) apple pie filling (or make your own)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk (adjust the amount of milk to desired consistency)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Either spray with cooking spray or grease and flour a 9×13 baking dish.
- Cut or tear bread into 1-inch bite size pieces. Spread evenly into the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream, milk, sugar, eggs, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Pour mixture over bread cubes and let sit about 5 minutes.
- Spread apple pie filling over the top of the bread. Sprinkle walnuts evenly over the top.
- Bake uncovered for 50-55 minutes or until puffed and browned on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool while you mix together the powdered sugar and milk for the icing. Stir in the remaining cinnamon and vanilla to the glaze. Once the bread pudding has cooled for about 10 minutes (if you can wait that long), drizzle the icing over the bread pudding and serve.
Do you think this could be made in the crockpot?
This looks amazing but my son is allergic to walnuts. Do you have a topping replacement alternative? Oats? Thanks!
I think it would be delicious even without the walnuts and no substitutions. However, if you wanted to add oats, that would be an option.
Alecia Okeson says
Tried it and love it! Making it for Christmas morning this year!
Tammy kubitz says
I made this today. I halved the recipe in an 8×8. I also made my own apple pie filling with honeycrisp apples