Apple Maple Bacon Pancakes combine apples, bacon, pancakes and maple syrup for an incredibly delicious breakfast that is perfect for a Fall weekend.
Cool mornings with the beautiful red, gold, and green leaves of Fall foliage tell us that Autumn is upon us. OK, maybe not yet in Southeast Texas but in Canada and many parts of the US, Fall is definitely in the air.
However, I think this Apple Maple Bacon Pancakes recipe is my new favorite Breakfast recipe. It is bursting with the sweet flavors of apples and maple syrup, which combine perfectly with the salty, savory bacon to dance upon your taste buds.
I made these Apple Maple Bacon Pancakes for a Saturday morning Breakfast for my Mother-in-Law. She is elderly and has dementia and sometimes gets confused about where she is.
The other night she thought she was at a hotel and was asking if we served breakfast here. I told her yes we do. We serve fabulous breakfasts here, and she laughed, thinking I was just bragging.
The next morning I decided to make my Mother-in-Law these Apple Maple Bacon Pancakes for breakfast. I knew she would not remember our conversation last night, but if we were going to be a hotel, I think I would prefer to be a bed and breakfast.
I thought about what a bed and breakfast would serve and came up with what I think is a memorable breakfast, this Apple Maple Bacon Pancakes recipe. It was a huge success! Everyone at our house loved them!
These Apple Maple Bacon Pancakes take a little extra time than regular pancakes to chop the apples and cook the bacon, but they are absolutely worth it.
Go ahead and make these Apple Maple Bacon Pancakes for Breakfast, or dinner or whenever you feel like it. Be sure to swing back here and let me know how you liked it.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 4 slices of bacon chopped
- 1 cup peeled diced green apples
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 of Apple Maple Bacon Topping
- 2 tablespoons oil
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon. Stir in the chopped apples and pour in the maple syrup. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- in a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a large measuring cup, stir together, milk, oil, and the egg. Pour the milk, oil & egg mixture into the large bowl with the flour mixture and whisk until all the lumps are gone.
- Stir in half of the apple maple bacon mixture into the pancake batter.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and add oil. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
- Divide the pancakes between four plates.
- Top the pancakes with the Apple Maple Bacon Topping. Drizzle maple syrup over the top of each stack of pancakes.
If you like this recipe be sure to check out Flavor Mosaic’s other apple recipes.
For another Fall recipe, try this Pumpin Praline Bread Pudding