BBQ Salsa Meatloaf is a tangy, slightly spicy meatloaf that kicks up Mom’s meatloaf with some favorite flavors. Comfort food never tasted so good.
When the weather gets cooler and the days get shorter, I crave comfort food. Meatloaf and mashed potatoes is a perfect comfort food dinner, especially on a fall or winter night.
While I love traditional meatloaf recipes like my Brown Sugar Meatloaf, this one adds an extra zesty kick with the salsa.
When I was a kid my Dad would make meatloaf for all of us. My parents split the cooking. Whenever we had meatloaf, it was always my Dad that made it. His version included crushed saltine crackers. I don’t know what else he put in it because he usually scooted all of us kids out of the kitchen so he could finish dinner.
However, I think my Dad would approve of this BBQ Salsa Meatloaf with a mixture of ground beef and italian sausage, barbecue sauce, worcestershire, dry mustard, pico de gallo salsa, and hot sauce (if you like).
If you like this meatloaf, you will love my Instant Pot Meatloaf – Philly cheesesteak Style.
What will you serve with this meatloaf?
Thank you for visiting. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Flavor Mosaic to have recipes delivered to your inbox. Follow Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings!
BBQ Salsa Meatloaf
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound italian sausage
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup prepared pico de gallo salsa drained
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- hot sauce to taste optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients for meatloaf. Form into a loaf.
- In a small bowl, stir together all the ingredients for the glaze. Brush over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake in a loaf pan or on a foil covered baking sheet for about 45 minutes.
If you like this recipe try my Tex-Mex Mini Meatloaves.
Or how about my Copycat Olive Garden Pasta e Fageoli Soup?
Or how about a kid friendly version of Slow Cooker Pizza Sloppy Joes.