This Copycat Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli soup is a wonderful, warm, hearty and comforting Italian inspired soup that is delicious and super easy to make.
Finally, we are having some fall weather. For us that means temperatures below 90 degrees F. With fall football and festivals and cooler weather, I love making hearty cold-weather soups.
One of our family’s favorites is the Pasta e Fagioli soup at Olive Garden. However, when trying to save money, going out to eat is not always an option.
That is only one of the reasons I LOVE this soup. It is easy, budget friendly, hearty, and comforting, and can feed a crowd. I loved it. Mr. Flavor Mosaic said it was good but nice spicy enough for him. I added as an option some crushed red pepper. For those who like it spicy, I recommend adding that. For those who do not like it spicy, leave out the crushed red pepper.
When would you like a bowl of this delicious hearty Pasta e Fagioli?
Thank you for visiting. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Flavor Mosaic to have recipes delivered to your inbox. Follow Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings!
Copycat Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli Soup
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 14 ounce cans low sodium beef broth
- 2 cans diced Italian Style tomatoes with garlic, basil, and oregano
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 8 ounces dried ditalini pasta
- 2 (15 ounce cans) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- In a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat the olive oil. Add onion, bell pepper, celery, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper, and cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add in garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add the cooked ground beef back in the pan. Stir in red wine, beef broth, and Italian style diced tomatoes. Season with italian seasoning. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 1 hour. Prepare pasta as directed, drain, and set aside. Stir in the pasta and beans and heat through about 15 minutes.
Serve this Pasta e Fagioli with my Mexican Cornbread for a complete meal.
Check out more wonderful soup recipes on Flavor Mosaic.