Cajun Blackened Chicken is a delicious, spicy, healthy chicken that is a perfect recipe for Mardi Gras or anytime you want a quick, easy, healthy dinner.
Click here to receive FREE recipes in your inbox!
You are in for a treat! In this post, you will learn how to make a Cajun Blackened Chicken Recipe that will:
- Taste spicy and flavorful and that your whole family will love.
- Pair well with two Cajun / Creole side dishes for a complete delicious Mardi Gras or Fat Tuesday dinner.
- Have a quick and easy weeknight dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- Provide your family a healthy, nutritious entree that fits well into low fat, low carb, gluten-free, and Paleo diet plans.
- Use common, everyday ingredients that are most likely already in your refrigerator and pantry.
Cajun Blackened Chicken is the main course of our homemade Mardi Gras meal. You have seen the recipes for the side dishes, Creole Greens Beans and the Maque Choux. This spicy chicken dish rounds out the dinner. It is loaded with flavor but won’t break the calorie bank.
The chicken is spicy, moist, flavorful, and delicious. If you want to tone down the spicy, it is easy to reduce or leave out the cayenne. This can be made on top of the stove in 30 minutes and will bring a smile to everyone’s face.
I love this recipe because it can also be used in so many other dishes, such as Chicken Tetrazzini with Asiago Cream Sauce, Chicken Broccoli Cheese Quinoa Casserole, and Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup.
What will you serve with your Cajun Blackened Chicken? (Scroll down for the printable recipe.)
Love this recipe? Receive FREE recipes in your inbox!
I want FREE Recipes!
For more ideas, try these Cajun recipes.
For another main dish, try my Cajun Blackened Catfish.
Or maybe you would prefer this Cajun Blackened Salmon.
To round out your Cajun meal for Fat Tuesday, try this yummy Maque Choux.
For a Cajun / Creole side dish try my Creole Green Beans.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, stir together the first 9 ingredients. Spray both sides of the chicken breasts with cooking spray. Then sprinkle the seasoning over both sides of each chicken breast.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts. Cover and cook the chicken breasts for approximately seven to eight minutes on each side.
- After the chicken has finished cooking, remove it from the heat and let it rest for about 5 to 10 minutes.
For dessert, try my Cinnamon Apple Pie Bread Pudding.
Or you may like my Pumpkin Praline Bread Pudding for dessert. Find out why it is my most popular recipe on the blog.
Another main dish you may like is my easy Baked Chicken Creole.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Creamy Cajun Chicken Lasagna.
If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox.