Blackened Chicken Salad with a Cajun Creole Dressing makes a cool, crisp, refreshing salad topped with zesty flavorful Blackened Chicken and a creamy Cajun Creole Dressing.
To me, nothing is better than a cool, crisp, refreshing salad topped with my slightly spicy Cajun Blackened Chicken and combined with a cool, creamy ranch salad dressing with a Cajun Creole kick!
I recommend making this salad later in the week after you have made the Cajun Blackened Chicken recipe. That makes this salad a snap to throw together as an easy weeknight dinner.
Also with the weather getting warmer, this cool refreshing Blackened Chicken Salad with a Cajun Creole Dressing means you don’t have to heat up the kitchen to prepare a delicious meal.
In Southeast Texas, where the temperatures rise into the 90’s and 100’s, the last thing I want to do is turn on the stove or oven and heat up the kitchen.
If I tell Mr. Flavor Mosaic that we are having a salad for dinner, he is going to ask me what else is being served with the salad? He is generally not a salad guy. He is more of a meat and potatoes guy. However, even he loves the spicy kick of this Blackened Chicken Salad with a Cajun Creole Dressing.
My other favorite part of this Blackened Chicken Salad is the creamy Cajun Creole Dressing. It is a cool, creamy ranch dressing, but with a zesty Cajun Creole kick that is bursting with flavor.
I recommend making the Cajun Blackened Chicken a staple at your house like it is at our house. Then it is easy to add it to other recipes, such as this Blackened Chicken Salad with a Cajun Creole Dressing for a quick, cool, refreshing weeknight dinner.
Stay tuned for more recipes to be made with the Cajun Blackened Chicken.
When will you be making this Blackened Chicken Salad with a Cajun Creole Dressing?
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 2 Cajun Blackened Chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- ¼ head red cabbage, sliced
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- In a large serving bowl combine all ingredients for the Blackened Chicken Salad.
- In a blender or food processor, add all the ingredients for Cajun Creole Dressing and pulse until mixed together and creamy. Immediately before serving pour the Cajun Creole Dressing over the Blackened Chicken Salad and toss.