I love summer salads, especially this Chicken Mango Salsa Salad with Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette. So I’m sharing my favorite. I came up with this main dish salad as a way to use up leftovers the day after we had chicken fajitas with mango salsa. It has many layers of flavor and a fantastic homemade Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette, which you can use on just about anything.
In this post you are actually getting three recipes in one. 1) The Salad; 2) The Mango Salsa; and 3) The Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette. I hope you enjoy all three!
I like to use either leftover fajita, blackened, or jerk chicken. However, Rotisserie chicken would work great as well.
I was very happy that AllRecipes.com published my recipe last year. Yes. That’s me……Occasional Cooker on AllRecipes and now on Flavor Mosaic. Give my recipe a try and let me know how you like it.
Chicken Mango Salsa Salad with Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 mango - peeled seeded and diced
- 2 roma plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped - or to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 10 ounce bag baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup broccoli coleslaw mix I use Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons diced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
CHIPOTLE LIME VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix mango, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, and juice of 1 lime in a large bowl; set aside.
- Whisk olive oil, 1/4 cup lime juice, sugar, chipotle chile powder, cumin, and garlic powder together in a bowl; set aside.
- Toss spinach leaves, broccoli coleslaw mix, chicken, red, green, and yellow bell peppers, cranberries, and pecans together in a large bowl.
- Spread mango salsa and blue cheese on top.
- Drizzle lime dressing over salad and toss before serving.
Want more recipes? Try this outstanding salad:
Want more healthy salads? Try Meal Planning Maven’s beautiful, healthy, delicious Florida Citrus Salad with Mango-Tangerine Dressing!