My Mediterranean Chicken Bacon Spinach Salad with chicken, bacon, roasted chickpeas, tomatoes, cranberries and feta cheese on a bed of baby spinach was inspired by the Roasted Chickpea BLT Salad with Pesto Parmesan Dressing from Pinch of Yum’s new eCookbook, Everyday Healthy.
I love reading other food blogs for fun, ideas, and inspiration, and fun! Did I mention fun? One of my favorite blogs that I have followed since I started blogging is Pinch of Yum. Lindsey and Bjorg offer fantastic recipes, gorgeous photography, and extremely helpful blogging tips.
When I saw Lindsey was coming out with a new eCookbook, I jumped at the chance to order it. The Roasted Chickpea BLT Salad with Pesto Parmesan Dressing sounded unique to me due to the roasted chickpeas for crunch! What a great idea!
So I roasted the chickpeas…..super simple to do. Then I started getting all the ingredients out to make it, and TUMBLE!!! Out fell the shredded parmesan cheese onto the floor. The package burst open and shredded parmesan was EVERYWHERE! I wanted to cry. But no. What do I do? Like any good blogger, I improvise, and create a new recipe inspired by the original!
So I pull out the baby spinach, dried cranberries, and feta cheese. Then instead of Lindsey’s Pesto Parmesan Dressing (Doesn’t that sound amazing!), I decided to make a healthy but Mediterranean type vinaigrette to go with the salad. Olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic powder, oregano, and a little sugar. That’s it! Simple, healthy, and delicious!
Some other recipes I want to try from the cookbook are Honey Orange Chicken with Pomegranite Cilantro Salsa and Slow Cooker Vegetarian Lasagna.
What will you be inspired to make from Pinch of Yum’s new eCookbook, Everyday Healthy?
Click Here to Order Pinch of Yum’s new eCookbook, Everyday Healthy.
Mediterranean Chicken Bacon Spinach Salad
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (drained)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh baby spinach (washed and drained)
- 1/2 cup chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 1 large tomato (chopped)
- 6 slices cooked bacon (crumbled)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons honey depending on how sweet you like it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. Dry on a plate with paper towels. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Spread out the dried chickpeas evenly in one layer on the parchment paper. Drizzle oil over the chickpeas. Sprinkle with salt and pepper (or your favorite seasoning). Bake for about 40 minutes or until chickpeas are golden and crispy. Be sure not to let them burn.
- In a large bowl mix together the baby spinach, shredded chicken, crumbled bacon, roasted chickpeas, chopped tomatoes, dried cranberries, and feta cheese.
- For the vinaigrette, in a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, oregano, garlic powder, and honey.
- Drizzle over the salad just before serving.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links and I will receive a commission if you purchase the cookbook using one of these links. However, I have purchased this cookbook, enjoyed it, and highly recommend it. I thought my readers would enjoy it too. Otherwise, it would not be on my blog.
If you like this recipe, I recommend trying my Apple Walnut Cranberry Salad.
For a great spring and summer salad, try my Chicken Mango Salsa Salad with Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette!
Another spring salad you may like is my Spinach Strawberry Champagne Salad.
This post may be included in one of these fantastic link parties.
If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox.