Cajun Blackened Catfish is a quick and easy, healthy, delicious, spicy Cajun seafood dish that makes an excellent weeknight supper or Mardi Gras party dish, and can fit into most healthy eating plans, including low fat, low carb, gluten-free, and paleo.
This Cajun Blackened Catfish recipe features:
- A delicious, spicy, flavor fully seasoned seafood main dish that is perfect for Mardi Gras.
- A Quick and easy preparation that will have your Cajun Blackened Catfish ready in under 20 minutes.
- A healthier version of this popular Cajun seafood dish that uses olive oil instead of butter, and is gluten-free, low carb, low fat, low calorie, and fits into a Paleo eating plan.
- A healthier and money-saving option to make your own homemade Cajun Blackening Seasoning instead of using store bought Cajun Blackening Seasoning.
This is one of my family’s favorite recipes. Everyone loves the delicious, spicy flavor. I love how quickly it comes together. In addition, I love that it is made healthier by using a homemade Cajun Blacking Seasoning instead of the store bought seasoning. However, I wrote the recipe so you could use either store-bought or homemade. If you want to make your own, click over to view my Cajun Blackening Seasoning Recipe.
I recommend using 4 small catfish fillets. My store only had the larger fillets and while they both taste excellent, the smaller fillets are perfect for a single portion and cook faster.
This recipe is about as easy as you can get. Sprinkle the fish with my Cajun Blackened Seasoning Recipe, or store bought Cajun Blackening seasoning. You could brush the fish with melted butter or olive oil first. However, I chose not to in order to save calories.
Cook it in olive oil in a hot skillet and in 15 minutes, you have a beautifully cooked catfish.
I love to serve the fish with a green salad and rice.
For which occasion will you be making this quick and easy, delicious Cajun Blackened Catfish?
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 4 4-ounce or 2 (8-ounce) catfish fillets
- 2 tablespoons Cajun Blackening seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of one lemon about 2 - 3 tablespoons
- Sprinkle catfish with the Cajun Blackening Seasoning.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the catfish and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Turn each fillet and cook for about 5 minutes more.
- If cooking larger fillets, cooking time may take a little longer.
Squeeze lemon on the Cajun Blackened Catfish just before serving.