Spicy Cheeseburger pasta casserole is a delicious, budget-friendly cheesy skillet dinner that is one of our family’s favorite weekday suppers.
I’m excited to share this yummy Spicy Cheeseburger Pasta Casserole with you because it features:
- An easy yet delicious skillet dinner that the whole family will love.
- A delicious, hearty dinner that can be on the table in 30 minutes.
- An easy clean-up to save you time after dinner so you can enjoy the rest of your evening.
- Ingredients that are likely already in your refrigerator or pantry.
- A family dinner that is budget-friendly and won’t break the grocery budget.
It was one of those nights. You know the one I’m talking about. You have a long day a work and come home and scratch your head when the family asks that dreaded question: “What’s for dinner?” Yes. This recipe was created on one of THOSE nights. No plan. Just an impromptu meal, and it is now one the family asks for over and over.
This Spicy Cheeseburger Pasta Casserole comes together quickly and easily. Cook the pasta per the package directions. Be sure not to overcook. Start with a pound of ground beef. Season it with taco seasoning mix, and brown it in the skillet. Add chopped onions you like. Then add a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies. Then stir in ketchup, mustard, salsa, and worcestershire and let it simmer for about 15 minutes. For us, it is not a burger or Cheeseburger if it does not have worcestershire. At this point, you could add the cooked, drained pasta to the skillet and stir, or you could choose to do what I did in the photos and serve the ground beef mixture over the pasta. It is delicious either way.
The pie de resistance of this Spicy Cheeseburger Pasta Casserole is the shredded cheese you add to melt on top of the ground beef mixture to make a creamy, cheesy, yummy dinner. I recommend using whichever cheese you have on hand. I used a Mexican blend shredded cheese for this. Then cook it for another 10 minutes or so to let the cheese melt. Then serve hot. Easy!
When will you be serving his Spicy Cheeseburger Pasta Casserole?
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
Spicy Cheeseburger Pasta Casserole
- 2 cups 6 ounces uncooked rotini pasta
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes and chilies
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until onions are soft and translucent.
- Stir in the ground beef and cook until it is no longer pink. Sprinkle with taco seasoning. Add in diced tomatoes and chilies. Stir in the ketchup, salsa, mustard and worcestershire until well combined. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked and drained noodles to the meat and stir well. Sprinkle cheese on top and continue to cook until cheese is melted. Serve hot.
I you like this recipe try my Asian BBQ Burger with Sriracha Mayo.
Or you may like this Baked Ziti.
Or you may like these Tex-Mex Mini Meatloaves.
Lastly, you may like this Hot Cheesy 7-Layer Dip.