We are gearing up for March Madness. Mr. Flavor Mosaic always like to tease me and tell me there are 250 basketball games on this week. If he could, he would watch every one of them. Thank goodness our cable does not get all of them. Don’t worry,
we he will be watching his fair share.
I will be sure to have plenty of game day grub available for him and any friends and family who will be watching the March Madness with him.
Normally in March we have some beautiful weather in Southeast Texas. However, the cold winter this year has extended into March, which is unusual for us. Normally we would be grilling outside in the nice weather.
However, thanks to the versatility of the Gourmet Grillware by Wilton Armetale, it is not a problem if grilling is not an option.
Wilton Armetale sent me this beautiful casserole/baker dish, that is part of their gourmet grillware collection, to try out. Isn’t it gorgeous? And it is so versatile. It can go from the freezer, to the grill or in the oven, and to the serving table, and then to the refrigerator with no problem.
Due to cold, rainy weather, I baked the Hot, Cheesy 7-Layer Dip in the oven, and served the dip right out of the casserole/baker dish. The casserole/baker dish makes it easy to make, freeze, bake or grill, and serve all in one dish. Then if you have any leftovers, just cover it with foil or plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator. I LOVE one dish recipes!
And one of my favorite things, and one of Mr. Flavor Mosaic’s since he often does dishes, is the easy clean up. The food did not stick, and cleaning was a breeze. I love that, especially since it is not dishwasher safe. But that was not a problem since it cleaned up so easily.
Since I had this gorgeous Gourmet Grillware casserole dish, I had to choose an outstanding recipe to go in it. One of the most popular appetizers at any party is a 7-layer dip. However, I wanted to make a hot 7-layer dip. Oh my. It was so cheesy, creamy, spicy, flavorful and delicious. Serve it with some corn chips, tortilla chips, or toast, and it is almost a meal.
For the first layer I make a spicy bean dip. You could use store-bought, but I think this is so much more flavorful and you don’t have to worry about any artificial additives or preservatives. And if you have a food processor, it takes just a few minutes to make.
Then, of course, there is lots of cheese. The next layer is a creamy spicy layer with cream cheese and sour cream, followed by what else, another layer of cheese. Then by a mixture of spiced ground beef and italian sausage, topped with pico de gallo, and a final layer of cheese. It is pure cheesy decadence.
- 2 14 oz cans of pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 8 oz grated Mexican Blend shredded cheese can use low fat cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese I use 1/3 less fat
- 8 oz sour cream I use light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 jalapeños seeded and diced
- 8 oz grated Mexican Blend shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb bulk italian sausage
- 1-1/2 tablespoons or 1/2 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup Pico De Gallo drained
- 4 oz. Mexican Blend cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To prepare the first layer, place everything in a blender, blend well and set aside.
- To prepare ingredients for 5th layer, in a large skillet over medium heat add about 1 tablespoon of oil, add the ground beef and italian sausage, Sprinkle with taco seasoning, and cook until it is no longer pink.
- While that is cooking, make the 3rd layer by combining cream cheese, sour cream, 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, and chopped jalapeños in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Assemble the dip in the above order as ingredients are listed.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions, and cilantro. Serve with Tortilla Chips or corn chips.
Inspired by: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mexican-Style-Dip/Detail.aspx
Are you ready to make this Hot, Cheesy 7-layer dip? Wait, you need a Gourmet Grillware Casserole / Baker too! Thankfully, Wilton Armetale has generously provided one for a giveaway! Whoohoo! You have a chance to win a beautiful casserole / baker dish valued at almost $60.
Terms and Conditions (for complete details, please click on terms and conditions in the Rafflecopter box)
- Giveaway ends March 22st at 11:59 PM EST.
- Open to Residents of the US only.
- Prizes cannot be shipped to PO Boxes.
- Winner will be selected by Random and be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
For even more chances to win this fantastic Gourmet Grillware Casserole / Baker too by Wilton Armetale, and get more mouthwatering recipes to make in them, visit two of my favorite bloggers:
The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch’s Smores Brownies – Don’t these look amazing?
Life Tastes Good’s Deep Dish Thick Crust Pizza – I want a slice right now.
(Disclaimer: I received a Gourmet Grillware Casserole / Baker Dish but no compensation from Wilton Armetale Gourmet Grillware in order to develop an original recipe and give an honest review of their product. The opinions expressed, photos (except for photos for links to other blogs) and recipe in this post are my own.)
If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox.