These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies combine our two favorite cookies, peanut butter cookies, and oatmeal cookies, into one awesome cookie that is crisp on the edges and soft in the middle.
You can tell by my dessert section on my blog that we love our cookies. I have it covered from the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies to Cranberry Orange Cookies to Pumpkin Eggnog Thumbprint Cookies and now we present Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies Make a Great Icebreaker
I want to be a good neighbor. I just moved to this really nice neighborhood in our new city but I have been busy with work, my day job, and traveling for work that I had not yet met the neighbors. However, with the recent labor day holiday, I had time to bake and meet our neighbors. So that is what I did.
One afternoon I turned on the music, got out the oatmeal, peanut butter, and other ingredients and started baking.
I baked these delicious peanut butter oatmeal cookies and took a plate of cookies to each of our neighbors to introduce myself. It was so good to meet them. Everyone was very friendly and, of course, these Peanut Butter Oatmeal cookies make it much easier to break the ice.
One neighbor invited me in to meet her family, including their two dogs, Butter, and Ginger.
All the neighbors loved the cookies, and one called me later to ask for the recipe.
Tips For Perfect Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
These cookies are so easy, they are really hard to mess up. However, here are a few tips to ensure they turn out perfectly.
- Don’t use all-natural peanut butter in these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies. Stick with the standard creamy peanut butter like Skippy, Jiff or Peter Pan.
- Be sure to use the old-fashioned oats and not quick oats or instant oats
The recipe is really easy because they are drop cookies that bake in only 10 minutes. If you want to make a change from the ordinary to the extraordinary cookies, bake these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies. You will be glad you did.
Don’t forget to add these to your holiday baking list. They are a nice variation from the standard cookies and sure to please your holiday guests.
If you like these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, check out:
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup 16 Tablespoons or 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter use either creamy or crunchy
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the softened butter, brown and white sugars.
- Add the eggs and beat until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the peanut butter and mix the batter some more.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into the batter and slowly stir into the batter until it is just combined.
- Stir in the oats until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, to drop rounded balls of cookie dough onto the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
Nutrition label disclaimer: Nutrient values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to product availability and food preparation. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.
Be sure to pin these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies to your cookie board on Pinterest.