These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies combine our two favorite cookies, peanut butter cookies, and oatmeal cookies, into one awesome cookie that is crisp on the edges and soft in the middle.
You can tell by my dessert section on my blog that we love our cookies. I have it covered from the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies to Cranberry Orange Cookies to Pumpkin Eggnog Thumbprint Cookies and now we present Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies!
I want to be a good neighbor. I just moved to this really nice neighborhood in our new city but I have been busy with work, my day job, and traveling for work that I had not yet met the neighbors. However, with the recent labor day holiday, I had time to bake and meet our neighbors. So that is what I did.
One afternoon I turned on the music, got out the oatmeal, peanut butter, and other ingredients and started baking.
I baked these delicious peanut butter oatmeal cookies and took a plate of cookies to each of our neighbors to introduce myself. It was so good to meet them. Everyone was very friendly and, of course, these Peanut Butter Oatmeal cookies make it much easier to break the ice.
One neighbor invited me in to meet her family, including their two dogs, Butter and Ginger.
All the neighbors loved the cookies, and one called me later to ask for the recipe.
The recipe is really easy because they are drop cookies that bake in only 10 minutes. If you want to make a change from the ordinary to the extraordinary cookies, bake these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies. You will be glad you did.
Don’t forget to add these to your holiday baking list. They are a nice variation from the standard cookies and sure to please your holiday guests.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
- 1 cup 16 Tablespoons or 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter use either creamy or crunchy
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the softened butter, brown and white sugars.
- Add the eggs and beat until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the peanut butter and mix the batter some more.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into the batter and slowly stir into the batter until it is just combined.
- Stir in the oats until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, to drop rounded balls of cookie dough onto the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
Be sure to pin these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies to your cookie board on Pinterest.