Loaded Christmas Cowboy Cookies, which could also be called Kitchen Sink Christmas Cookies, are oatmeal cookies full of white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, red and green chocolate chips, dried cranberries, coconut, and pecans.
A number years ago I started making and tweaking cowboy cookies…you know the oatmeal cookies with added coconut and pecans. Yum! However, I had to take these cookies over the top by adding additional goodies. Actually, it was near the holiday season and I wanted to use up all my baking ingredients so I was not tempted by them after the holidays were over.
I knew these cookies were good. However, I had no idea how big a hit these cookies would turn out to be at holiday parties, cookie exchanges, and as gifts to my husband’s clients. Just by adding white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, holiday (red and green) chocolate chips, and dried cranberries, I had people raving about these cookies and wanting to pay me to make them some.
Several people asked me what the secret was for making such a great tasting cookie. I have told them that the key is to use quality ingredients like Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached All Purpose White Flour.
Why do I like Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached White Flour? One reason is that it is freshly milled from Organic hard red wheat, with both the bran and the germ being removed, and leaving only the endosperm that is made into white flour. It is not enriched with any additives. Secondly, since professional bakers use this same high protein flour; I know it produces light, airy baked goods. It is extremely versatile and perfect for all baking needs.
In addition, Bob’s Red Mill makes Organic Whole Wheat Flour that is stone ground from organic hard red wheat with the bran and germ still intact to make it more nutritious. For those looking for gluten free flours, their Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking flour makes it easy to transform traditional recipes into gluten free recipes by just replacing regular flour with this blend.
Whichever Bob’s Red Mill flour you choose, the results will be spectacular.
What Do I Need To Make Loaded Christmas Cowboy Cookies?
- Cookie Sheet
- Silpat Baking Mat or parchment paper
- Baking Rack
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer and Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cookie Scoop
If you like these cookies, be sure to check out these Christmas Cookies.
* Cowboy Cookies With M&Ms and Pretzels
* Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
* Eggless Peanut Butter Cookies
* Christmas M&M Cookie Bars
* White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
* Peppermint Kiss Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
* Cranberry Orange Cookies
For which holiday event will you make these Loaded Christmas Cowboy Cookies?
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached All Purpose White Flour.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup holiday red and green chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place coconut and pecans on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted, watching very closely so they do not burn. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture; beat well. Stir in the oats, white, dark, and holiday chocolate chips, dried cranberries and toasted coconut and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment covered baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes or until browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
If you like these cookies also try my Chocolate Chip Pecan Shortbread Cookies.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.