Chocolate Chip Pecan Shortbread Cookies are rich, sweet, buttery, crumbly, melt in your mouth shortbread cookies with chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
This past weekend we went to the mall and they already had Christmas decorations up in early October. So that got me thinking about Christmas, and baking, and cookies.
Are you a baker? A Christmas cookie baker? Then this post is for you. These rich, buttery, crumbly Chocolate Chip Pecan Shortbread Cookies scream Christmas to me. My older sister used to bake tables and tables full of cookies, candy, and fudge every year for the holidays. Here shortbread cookies with pecans were one of my favorites, and I always associated them with Christmas.
For a variation, I added chocolate chips because everything is better with chocolate, right?
Please understand that these are not your typical chocolate chip cookies. It is a shortbread recipe that has chocolate chips added. If you would like a more traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe then try my Best Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. The shortbread cookies have a distinct crumbly buttery texture, and are not soft and chewy like more traditional chocolate chip cookies.
However, if you love the crumbly rich texture of shortbread cookies, then you will love these Chocolate Chip Pecan Shortbread cookies.
Now it’s your turn. Tell me about your favorite Christmas cookies.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
Email | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Chocolate Chip Pecan Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat together the butter and confectioners' sugar. Mix in the vanilla and salt. Add flour one cup at a time, mixing well after each. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans until evenly distributed through the batter. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls. Place each cookie 2 inches apart onto a cookie sheet. Flatten each cookie with a fork.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until a light golden brown.
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Dark Chocolate Chink Walnut Cookies
Loaded Christmas Cowboy Cookies
Leave a Reply