Dark Chocolate Chunk Walnut cookies are perfect when you really, really need a cookie.
Fortunately, they are also crowd pleasers, and will be perfect at any get together, party, or for the big game.
And these are not just any cookie. They have chunks of dark chocolate, and chopped walnuts. These are not your average run of the mill cookie. They are soft and thick just like a cookie should be. You don’t need to worry about these cookies being flat.
They also have a little cream of tartar added to give them that crinkled appearance. You have to make these. They are life-changing! Ok. Maybe not life-changing, but they will certainly bring a smile to everyone’s face.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, chocolate chunks, and walnuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are slightly browned.
Adapted from Best Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from AllRecipes.com.
If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox.