This German Chocolate Pecan Pie combines German Chocolate Cake and Pecan Pie into one fabulous holiday dessert!
Click here to receive FREE recipes in your inbox!
This German Chocolate Pecan Pie is a holiday favorite dessert at our house! Why not? It combines two of popular desserts into one incredible pie!
Pecan Pie is a perennial favorite and the German Chocolate Cake for us is a special occasion cake! What can be better than combining the two! This German Chocolate Pecan Pie is so popular that some of our friends have requested it.
I have to keep my friends happy. So I made some extra pies and delivered them to my neighbors in this beautiful Mazda CX-9! It is red, which makes it a beautiful Santa’s sleigh! 😉
I was so fortunate to have the opportunity to test drive this gorgeous Mazda CX-9 SUV for a week. It has beautiful styling, lots of interior room and a very smooth drive.
This model has a 3rd-row seat, which is great for large families. Otherwise, you can keep the 3rd-row seat down and get extra storage room for luggage or for extra pies to deliver to friends!
If you are looking to buy a vehicle before the end of the year, this Mazda CX-9 is definitely worth a look!
Getting back to this beautiful pie, it is easy to double or triple the recipe to make multiple pies and share them with friends. Or I won’t tell anyone if you keep them for yourself! 😉
The pecans and coconut in this German Chocolate Pecan Pie make it sweet and crunchy.
Go ahead and cut a slice of this German Chocolate Pecan Pie for yourself and give it a try!
Whether you make this German Chocolate Pecan Pie for yourself or for friends, or both, it is certain to be a hit!
This beautiful German Chocolate Pecan Pie is incredibly delicious with coconut, pecans, and chocolate!
If you like this pie, be sure to check out my other pies.
Love this recipe? Receive FREE recipes in your inbox!
I want FREE Recipes!
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
- 1 refrigerated 9" pie crust
- 1 4-oz. German's sweet chocolate baking bar, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup 4 oz. butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 5-oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecan halves and pieces lightly toasted
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Prepare the refrigerated dough for the crust per package instructions.
- Prepare the Chocolate Filling: Microwave the chocolate and 1/2 cup butter in a microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 30 seconds and then stir. Repeat this process until the chocolate is melted and smooth. It may take about 1-1/2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and whisk in 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Add 2 eggs, 1 at a time, whisking just until blended after each addition. Whisk in evaporated milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla until blended. Pour chocolate filling into prepared piecrust. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. (Pie will be partially baked.)
- Prepare the Coconut-Pecan Filling: In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, corn syrup, 1/4 cup melted butter, 2 eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until blended. Stir in pecans and coconut. Carefully spoon coconut-pecan filling over chocolate filling, starting at the outer edges, and return pie to oven. Bake until crust is golden and center is set, 35 to 40 minutes. Cover edge of pie crust with foil if necessary to prevent it from browning too much. Cool pie completely on a wire rack, about 3 hours.
Adapted slightly from Southern Living, October 2016. http://www.southernliving.com/german-chocolate-pecan-pie
Hungry For More? Join to receive FREE recipes in your inbox!
Be sure to pin this German Chocolate Pecan Pie to your favorite board.
Disclosure: I was provided with a Mazda CX-9 to drive for a week and to give my honest review.