These Cowboy Cookies with M&Ms and Pretzels are similar to my popular Loaded Christmas Cowboy Cookies except I have added Red and Green M&Ms and crushed pretzels to the coconut and pecans! These sweet, chewy cookies are sure to become a favorite for your holiday baking list!
These Cowboy Cookies explode with sweet, chewy, crunchy tastes and textures with a multitude of yummy add-ins. They are like kitchen sink cookies with toasted coconut and pecans, as well as red and green Christmas M&Ms, crushed pretzels, and dried cranberries.
How good are these cookies? Year after year I have people offer to pay me to make these cookies for them. That’s how good they are.
I intended to publish these Cowboy Cookies with M&Ms and Pretzels before Christmas but life happens and I am publishing now. They would be perfect for a game day party or any party. These cookies have added sweetness, saltiness, and texture from the M&Ms and pretzels, which is why they are so popular. You may think that these Cowboy Cookies with M&Ms and Pretzels might be more difficult, but other than a few more add-ins, they are as easy to make as other cookies. I love the added texture these cookies have with the oatmeal and pretzels.
It is your turn to make these Cowboy Cookies with M&Ms and Pretzels.
Scroll down for the printable step-by-step instructions. Then come back and leave a comment about how everyone liked them!
Did you serve them at a birthday party, a game day party, or a church or office potluck? Let me know. I love hearing from you!
Make these cookies and serve them with this fun Halloween Brew at a Halloween party!
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
These Cowboy Cookies are similar to my popular Loaded Christmas Cowboy Cookies except I have added Christmas M&Ms and crushed pretzels to the coconut and pecans! These sweet, chewy cookies are sure to become a favorite for your holiday baking list!
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1½ cups packed brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups All Purpose White Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup red and green M&Ms
- ¼ cup crushed pretzels
- ¼ cup dried cranberries optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place coconut and pecans on a parchment paper covered 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted, watching very closely so they do not burn. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture; beat well. Stir in the oats, M&Ms, crushed pretzels, dried cranberries and toasted coconut and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment covered baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes or until browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
For the pretzels, you can use any type of thin pretzel, such as regular pretzels, mini pretzels or pretzel sticks.