Mango Spinach Rice Salad, with a whole grain brown rice, mango, baby spinach, tomatoes, and red onions in a red wine vinaigrette, makes a delicious and colorful side dish for a fish dinner, barbecue or potluck.
This post is sponsored by Megaphone Influence for Riceland. All opinions and recipes are my own!
Yes, it’s true. I’ve gone mango crazy! Have you seen all my mango recipes lately? There are Mango Habanero Wings, Blackened Chicken Tacos with Mango Habanero Salsa, Asian Lettuce Wraps with Mango Habanero Salsa, and Mango Habanero Shrimp Flatbread.
So I’ve gone and done it again. I created another mango recipe, only this time it is a side dish called Mango Spinach Rice Salad that will actually go well with any of the above mango main dishes, or with fish, shrimp, or barbecue.
When I was contacted by the folks of Riceland to create a recipe using their rice, I immediately said yes because I knew it was grown in America on American family farms in Arkansas and Missouri, and I wanted to support American family businesses.
Another reason I like Riceland is because it is so quick and easy to prepare. With the boil-in-bag rice pouches, the rice is ready in only 10 minutes and tastes delicious. I like that the rice kernels stay separated when they are cooked. It is just about fool-proof. I get consistent results every time. In order to have quality recipes, you must use quality ingredients, which is why I use Riceland Premium Brown Rice Boil in Bag.
If that is not enough reason to love Riceland, it is also super healthy because it is cholesterol free, sodium free, gluten-free, fat-free, and contains no MSG.
However, the best part of this Mango Spinach Rice Salad by Flavor Mosaic is the taste. With the fresh vegetables and mango dressed in a red wine vinaigrette, it was bursting with a sweet and tangy flavor. I like to refrigerate it for a few hours so the flavors have more time to develop.
I’m always looking for diabetic-friendly recipes to make for my Mother-in-law. She likes bold flavors and is my toughest critic. If it were up to her, we would eat no fruits or vegetables (unless the fruits were in a cobbler!)
However, my Mother-in-Law loved this sweet and tangy Mango Spinach Rice Salad. Yay! She can be rather picky, so I consider this a big win.
Riceland Boil-in-Bag Rice is available at HEB, which is one reason I love living in Texas! Be sure to enter below to win some Riceland swag and a $25 gift card! Then go grab a box and start cooking.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 2 pouches of a 14-ounce box Riceland Premium Brown Rice Boil in Bag, uncooked
- 1 pkg. 6 oz. baby spinach leaves, torn
- 1 large mango peeled, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion slices
- 12 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- In a medium saucepan add 2 quarts of water and completely submerge 2 bags of Riceland Boil-in-Bag brown rice.
- Turn the heat on high and boil uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the rice bags from the water, rinse with cold water and drain.
- Place the drained rice in a large bowl.
- Add the baby spinach leaves, chopped mango, sliced red onions and tomatoes in with the rice and stir.
- In a small bowl stir together all the ingredients for the Red White Dijon Vinaigrette. Pour the vinaigrette over the rice salad and stir. Refrigerate until ready to serve.