Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta puts a delicious Mexican spin on traditional Chicken Cordon Bleu and turns it into chicken casserole.
While we love traditional recipes, sometimes we like to tweak them to add bolder flavors since we enjoy a little more spice in our food. This Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta recipe is one of those recipes!
I love Chicken Casseroles and Chicken Cordon Bleu. So I decided to combine the two. The result turned out to be one of my favorite Chicken Casseroles and one of the most delicious Instant Pot Recipes and one pot meals.
What Makes This Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe Work?
- First, it adds a touch of smoky chipotle peppers with adobo sauce, Ro*Tel tomatoes, and Monterey Jack cheese for an awesome Mexican flavor.
- Second, it is made in the Instant Pot instead of in the oven, which makes it moist, juicy, and creamy and cheesy using a quick, and easy method.
- Third, I turned it into a casserole by cooking it with mini bow tie (farfalle) pasta and creating a creamy cheesy chipotle sauce!
- Lastly, it is quick and easy to make in the Instant Pot pressure cooker.
What You Will Need To Make This Recipe
The affiliate links below will allow you to see the product on Amazon.com. If you choose to purchase one of the items, I will receive a very small commission on the product and does not increase the price.
- Chef’s Knife I like this 8-inch knife from Amazon.com for chopping, mincing, etc. I like the quality of this knife.
- Cutting Board from Amazon.com – You can choose from all different materials and shapes and sizes for what works best for you.
- Measuring Cups from Amazon.com – Be sure to use the measuring cups designed for liquids for liquids only and not for dry ingredients for the most accurate measurement.
- Measuring Spoons – from Amazon.com – I keep several sets of measuring spoons on hand so I have them when I need them and they are not in the dishwasher.
Below I discuss the ingredients that make this recipe unique. However, if you are looking for the specific measurements of all of the ingredient, be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this article, just above the comments, for the printable recipe card, which includes all all the ingredients and the specific amounts of each one.
Chipotle Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Ingredients That Are Pressure Cooked
- Chicken Broth
- Chicken Breast, cut into cubes
- Ham, cut into cubes
- Pasta (I used a mini bow tie pasta)
- Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- Diced Tomatoes with Chilies
- Seasoning Mix (See Below)
Ingredients For Seasoning Mix
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
Ingredients Added AFTER Pressure Cooking
- Heavy Cream
- Swiss cheese, shredded
- Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Seasoned Croutons, crushed
- Cream cheese (optional)
As mentioned above, if you are looking for the specific measurements of all of the ingredient, be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this article, just above the comments, for the printable recipe card.
How To Make Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
- After the Instant Pot has finished pressure cooking and you have done a quick release, carefully remove the lid of the Instant Pot. (It should like like the first photo below.)
- Pour in the heavy cream.
- Add the shredded Swiss and Monterey Jack cheeses and stir.
- Top with crushed seasoned croutons. Enjoy!
- (NOTE: If you would like it creamier, you can add 2 to 4 ounces of cream cheese, cut into cubes to make it thicker and creamier. I didn’t added because it was already creamy enough for me.)
Can I Use Rotisserie Chicken In This Recipe?
- Yes! Cubed or shredded Rotisserie Chicken will work well in this recipe.
Can I Add Vegetables?
- Absolutely! Feel free to add green beans, broccoli, or peas and carrots to the casserole after pressure cooking. The residual heat should heat the vegetables, or you can use the SAUTE setting for a few minutes to help cook the vegetables.
What Should I Serve With Instant Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta?
- A green salad, such as the Apple Walnut Cranberry Salad.
- Vegetables, such as Creole Green Beans, Roasted Asparagus, or Broccoli Salad.
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Chicken And Rice Casserole
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Chicken Tinga
More Chicken Casserole Recipes
More Chicken And Pasta Recipes
If you like this recipe or make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment, rate the recipe, and follow us on:
Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
Add BEFORE Pressure Cooking
- 2-1/2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken breast, cubed (boneless, skinless)
- 1 cup diced ham
- 12 ounces pasta (I used mini bow tie pasta)
- 1/2 chipotle pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)
- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes and chilies with liquid (like Ro*Tel)
- 1 recipe seasoning mix (See recipe below)
Add AFTER Pressure Cooking
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup seasoned croutons, crushed
- 2 - 4 ounces cream cheese (optional) (Only to thicken or make creamier)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Make the seasoning mix by adding all ingredients under seasoning mix into a small bowl and stir.
- Add the ingredients, in this order, into the inner liner pot of the Instant Pot pressure cooker: Chicken Broth, Chicken breast, Ham, Seasoning mix, Pasta, Diced Tomatoes and Chilies, Chipotle Pepper, adobo sauce, and Mini Bow Tie Pasta.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and move the pressure release valve to the SEALING position. Press the PRESSURE COOK or MANUAL button (depending on model) and select High Pressure. Then press the +/- buttons to adjust the time to 10 minutes. (NOTE: It will take approximately 10 - 15 minutes to come up to pressure. The time varies depending on the model and recipe.)
- After the Instant Pot has finished pressure cooking, let it release pressure naturally for 10 minutes (this means you do nothing and do NOT touch the Instant Pot during this time.)
- After 10 minutes, then do a quick release by moving the valve to the VENTING position to release any remaining pressure.
- After the Instant Pot has finished pressure cooking and you have done a quick release, carefully remove the lid of the Instant Pot. Pour in the heavy cream. Add the shredded Swiss and Monterey Jack cheeses and stir. Top with crushed seasoned croutons. Enjoy!(NOTE: If you would like it creamier, you can add 2 to 4 ounces of cream cheese, cut into cubes to make it thicker and creamier. I didn't added because it was already creamy enough for me.)