This Easy Skillet Chicken Breast Weeknight Dinner is simple and delicious and can be on the dinner table in 30 minutes.
With school back in session and busy workdays, this Easy Skillet Chicken Breast Weeknight Dinner is exactly what a busy family needs.
My grocery store had boneless, skinless chicken breasts on sale for $1.77 per lb. Of course, I had to stock up. So you may see more chicken recipes on the blog in the near future.
I don’t know about you, but I need my standby quick and easy go-to meals for busy weeknights. It is a challenge just to get everyone around the dinner table at the same time.
What I love about this recipe, is that is easily scalable from 1 to 4 (or however many you need) depending on how many people will be there for dinner.
This chicken recipe is cooked in the skillet, preferably a cast iron skillet, on top of the stove so I don’t have to heat up the oven, which as Martha says, is a good thing.
This Easy Skillet Chicken Breast Weeknight Dinner could not be any simpler or tastier. It is a great meal on its own, or you can use this recipe as a base to include in other recipes like Chicken Tetrazzini with Asiago Cream Sauce or Chicken Broccoli Cheese Quinoa Casserole or Cheesy Chicken Bacon Rasta Pasta.
I challenge you to make this chicken for one of your dinners this week. You will be glad you did. Swing back by here and let me know how you liked it.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne optional
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- In a small bowl stir together first 5 ingredients.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with seasoning.
In a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. When hot, add chicken.
- Cook Chicken breasts on each side for about 10 minutes until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- (Please note that the cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts. The thicker the chicken breast, the longer the cooking time.)
If you like this recipe, check out these other chicken recipes: