As 2017 comes to an end, let’s take a look back on 2017 to see which Flavor Mosaic recipes published in 2017 were the 2017 Top 10 Most Popular Recipes! I saw some similarities to Google’s List of Most Searched Recipes for 2017 in that there were a lot of comfort food dishes. It seems 2017 was the year of comfort food.
However, first I want to thank each of you for visiting and supporting Flavor Mosaic this past year. Your readership, comments, pins, and social media shares help us tremendously. You are why we do what we do here at Flavor Mosaic. Sharing recipes and helping families with fast, easy, and flavorful weeknight and holiday dinners is what we are about.
2017 has been a year of change for us, with a new home, new hometown, and new job, so it only seems appropriate that 2017 was the year of comfort food!
Without further adieu, here are your favorite Flavor Mosaic recipes of 2017, starting with number 10 and counting down to the top recipe of 2017! See if your favorites made the Top 10. Then I will share with you a few of my favorites that did not make the top 10.
2017 Top 10 Most Popular Recipes
10. Crockpot Chuck Roast – or Pot Roast recipe, with roasted potatoes, carrots, and onions, is incredibly juicy, tender and flavorful, and best of all, it is easy to make in the slow cooker! It is no surprise that it is on the most popular list.
9. Salisbury Steak – with its ground beef patty with onions, mushrooms, and a brown Salisbury Steak gravy, is pure comfort food. Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans or peas and you have a fantastic family dinner.
8. Breakfast Potatoes Texas Style – these bites of potatoes spiced up Texas style with taco seasoning, chopped onions, red bell peppers, and jalapeños, will kick-start your breakfast or brunch.
7. Tortellini Al Forno – a copycat Olive Garden recipe, has pillowy cheese filled tortellini in a rich parmesan cream sauce with crumbled bacon and chives. Bacon, Cheese, and Pasta! It is no wonder this was popular.
6. Ramen Noodle Salad with Broccoli Slaw – is a make ahead cole slaw, made with broccoli slaw and ramen noodles, that is perfect for a side dish for a potluck, bbq, or picnic.
5. Rotisserie Chicken Breast Tenders – are perfect when you want that rotisserie flavor but not the whole chicken. These quick and easy Rotisserie Chicken Breast Tenders are baked on a sheet pan with a Rotisserie Chicken rub or seasoning that make these moist, juicy chicken tenders flavorful and delicious!
4. Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars – inspired by the Mexican dessert called sopapillas, have a sweet, creamy cheesecake filling tucked between 2 crescent roll pastry sheets, and are topped with butter, cinnamon, and sugar and drizzled with honey.
3. Stir Fry Zucchini Noodles – or zoodles, make a quick and easy low carb side dish that does not require a spiralizer and is loaded with Asian-inspired flavor. This healthy recipe was a hit when it was published in January, and for most of the year, I thought this was going to be the reader favorite of the year.
2. Roasted Brussels sprouts with Bacon and Balsamic – quickly became a reader favorite for Thanksgiving, with many readers coming back to the blog to make it again for Christmas. With the Bacon, onions and Balsamic glaze, it is no wonder so many people loved it.
1. Beef Tips and Rice – This Beef Tips and Rice recipe was the runaway winner of my recipes I created in 2017. This is comfort food at its finest. Even though I published this recipe in September, it quickly surpassed the other 2017 recipes. With succulent, tender beef and a savory gravy over rice, it is no wonder it is number 1!
There you have it! The 2017 Top 10 Most Popular Recipes from Flavor Mosaic recipes published in 2017! Did your favorite make the list? Leave and comment and let me know which recipes were your favorites!
I’d like to add a few of my favorite recipes that did not make the top 10 but I think are worth checking out.
Michele’s Favorite Recipes of 2017
- Honey Balsamic Sheet Pan Chicken – This easy one pan dinner is healthy, flavorful, and fast!! It became one of our go-to weeknight dinners.
- Crockpot Philly Cheesesteak – uses a slow cooker to make this Philly Cheese Steak juicy, tender, and delicious for awesome sandwiches for a football game or any time!
- Hasselback Chicken Stuffed with Bacon, Ranch and Cheddar – is moist and tender and cheesy and bacony and is easy to make! The slits in the chicken breast are stuffed with bacon and cheddar cheese and ranch flavored cream cheese.
There you have 2017 Top 10 Most Popular Recipes and my favorite recipes of 2017. Did yours make the list? Do you see any recipes on the list that you would like to try? Leave a comment below and let me know.
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year from Flavor Mosaic!