This super Moist Banana Bread recipe makes the best banana bread you will ever try. The sour cream, very ripe mashed bananas, and Texas pecans make the difference.
Everyone loves banana bread, especially this Moist Banana Bread with pecans! I have tried many banana bread recipes and banana nut bread recipes and took what I liked out of multiple recipes to come up with this recipe, which is my favorite. You can’t go wrong with this recipe.
The key is to use really ripe bananas, almost black. Don’t use green or yellow bananas. Wait until they have lots of brown spots on them. Trust me, the overripe bananas add way more flavor and make a better banana bread.
To make this banana bread extra moist I add sour cream. You could use Greek Yogurt and that would also result in a Moist Banana Bread.
The other difference in this banana bread recipe is that I use Texas pecans. After all, I have to give it my Texas twist. Many recipes call for walnuts to be added, but I love the flavor of pecans and I usually have those in my pantry.
These loaves of banana bread make great Christmas gifts because, guess what, just about everyone loves banana bread. So everyone will love your gift. It is also very inexpensive to make and can save you money on gift giving.
These loaves of banana bread are so easy to make that you can make a batch of several loaves in one sitting.
Then there is the question of how many bananas to use, and my answer is that it depends. The main thing you need to end up with is 1 cup of mashed bananas.
So use however many bananas it takes to get to 1 cup of mashed bananas. It usually takes 2 or 3 bananas to get 1 cup of mashed bananas.
After you make this recipe, please swing back by and let me know how you liked it.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
Moist Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup mashed bananas 2 - 3 very ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the softened butter and sugar together. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla and lemon juice and continue mixing. Fold in the sour cream and the mashed bananas.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir until combined.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool the banana bread in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you like this recipe, please be sure to try these other recipes!