This post is sponsored by Prego®, but as always, all opinions, recipes, and photos are my own.
Mediterranean Vegetarian Chili is an easy delicious one pot 30-minute meal that is perfect for a Sunday supper or an easy weeknight meatless meal.
This one pot meal has received rave reviews from my family, especially my mother-in-law, who is the toughest critic. What makes this even more special is that it is a meatless meal. My family’s favorite foods are typically meat and potatoes. So the fact that they love this vegetarian meal makes me very happy.
Like many others, I’m trying to incorporate at least one or two meatless meals each week to both save money and provide wholesome meals for my family.
Soups, chilis, and other one pot meals make dinner easier on weeknights because it makes not only meal preparation easier, but clean up so much easier. I love it even more when it is delicious, and everyone gives it rave reviews.
I also like taking traditional recipes and giving them a twist. This time that means instead of a standard chili recipe, I decided to make a Mediterranean chili, which includes northern beans, cannellini beans, Prego Traditional Italian Sauce, spinach, and feta cheese, and bursts with flavor.
The Prego Traditional Italian Sauce adds a tremendous amount of flavor to the chili. I like Prego because it has real ingredients that you can see, taste, and smell. It allows me to add a lot of flavor to the soup and have it ready within 30 minutes instead of having it simmer for hours, waiting for the flavors to develop. I generally keep it in the pantry for quick and easy meals.
See the recipe below for Mediterranean Vegetarian Chili.
For which night will you be making this easy and delicious Mediterranean Vegetarian Chili?
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper and ½ green pepper
- 1 clove of fresh garlic, minced
- 2 cups of reduced sodium vegetable broth or stock
- 3 15.8 oz. cans of great northern beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 19 oz. can of cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 jar Prego Traditional Sauce
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 2 cups of torn fresh spinach leaves
- Top with ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese or grated parmesan (optional)
- Mash ⅓ of the great northern beans.
- In a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat, add olive oil. When oil is hot, add onions, red and green bell peppers, and cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are soft, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook for about one minute, stirring continuously.
- Pour in chicken broth, all beans, italian seasoning, and chopped sundried tomatoes. Stir to combine, Simmer on medium low for 20 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach and red wine vinegar to the pot. Ladle into bowls and serve immediately. Sprinkle each serving with crumbled feta cheese or grated parmesan cheese, if desired. Makes 8 servings.