Mediterranean Vegetarian Chili
Mediterranean Vegetarian Chili is an easy delicious one pot 30-minute meal that is perfect for a Sunday supper or an easy weeknight meatless meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper and 1/2 green pepper
- 1 clove of fresh garlic minced
- 2 cups of reduced sodium vegetable broth or stock
- 3 15.8 oz. cans of great northern beans drained & rinsed
- 1 19 oz. can of cannellini beans drained & rinsed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 jar Prego Traditional Sauce
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes drained and finely chopped
- 2 cups of torn fresh spinach leaves
- Top with 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese or grated parmesan optional
Mash 1/3 of the great northern beans.
In a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat, add olive oil. When oil is hot, add onions, red and green bell peppers, and cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are soft, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook for about one minute, stirring continuously.
Pour in chicken broth, all beans, italian seasoning, and chopped sundried tomatoes. Stir to combine, Simmer on medium low for 20 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach and red wine vinegar to the pot. Ladle into bowls and serve immediately. Sprinkle each serving with crumbled feta cheese or grated parmesan cheese, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 405mg | Potassium: 461mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 897IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 4mg