This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own.
This Spicy Bacon Jalapeno Texas Toast Cheesy Bread is a Texas-inspired recipe with spicy bacon, chopped jalapenos, and Texas Toast, that is perfect for a TexFest celebration.
I am a Texas girl through and through, born and raised in Texas as were my parents and grandparents! It is in my blood. I may be biased, but I think Texas has the best food in the world.
I have traveled internationally and tried fancy foods abroad, but there is nothing, I mean nothing better than Texas style cooking. It has the bold flavors that I love. The rest seems bland.
I was happy that the rest of the country got to come to Houston for that Big Football Game at the beginning of February and experience all the fabulous food Houston has to offer.
I love Texas. Where else could I grow up and ride a horse to the convenience store to get a soda?
Yes. It’s true. We rode our horses to the store and tied them up next to a grove of trees, and our dog would follow along with us and sit outside by the door, waiting for us to come out.
Everything is bigger and better in Texas. Where else can you drive 12 hours and still be in the same state?
What makes Wright Brand Bacon better? First of all, it is made in Texas and has the bold taste for Texans. Secondly, it has thick sliced, high-quality cuts of premium meat. Furthermore, it is naturally smoked and comes in Hickory Smoked and Applewood Smoked flavors.
From March 1 – March 14, 2017, HEB is offering a coupon for Wright Brand Bacon. Offer is only valid for the 40 oz. Wright Brand Bacon. So be sure to click over to pick up the coupon before heading to HEB to pick up your Wright Brand Bacon.
Throw your own TexFest celebration by making this Spicy Bacon Jalapeno Texas Toast Cheesy Bread. Be sure to include the Texas decorations also, including decorations with the Texas flag, bandanas, bluebonnets, cowboy boots and cowboy hats.
What says Texas more than Spicy Bacon and Jalapenos?
For my TexFest inspired recipe, I included thick slices of Wright Brand Bacon sprinkled with chili powder, cayenne, and black pepper on top of Texas Toast with lots of cream cheese and Mexican cheese. It doesn’t get any easier or more delicious than that.
The Spicy Bacon gives a richer bacon experience and is truly the star of this Texas-inspired Spicy Bacon Jalapeno Texas Toast Cheesy Bread.
It is so easy to make this Spicy Bacon Jalapeno Texas Toast Cheesy Bread. Cook the bacon in the oven. Then drain. Be sure not to overcook. It will cook some more on the toast.
Then spread cream cheese on Texas toast. Sprinkle with shredded Mexican cheese. Then top with Spicy Bacon and diced jalapenos.
See, it is super easy to make this Spicy Bacon Jalapeno Texas Toast Cheesy Bread.
Grab your coupon, and head to HEB to pick up the Texas made, thick-sliced Wright Brand Bacon so you can make this Spicy Bacon Jalapeno Texas Toast Cheesy Bread at home and celebrate your own version of TexFest.
- 8 slices Wright Brand Bacon
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 loaf bakery white bread, sliced into 1-inch thick slices
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover a cooking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cayenne, and black pepper.
- Place the bacon slices in one layer on top of the foil-covered pan.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the bacon.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until the bacon is fully cooked.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and place on a paper platter covered with a paper towel to drain.
- On another baking sheet the bread slices evenly in one layer.
- Spread each bread slice with softened cream cheese.
- Sprinkle about ¼ cup shredded cheese over each slice of bread.
- Cut bacon into large 2-inch slices so they will fit on the bread.
- Sprinkle diced jalapenos on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges of the bread are slightly toasted.
- Remove from oven and serve hot. Slice each piece of Texas toast into thirds for smaller portions.