I predict that Santa’s Favorite Cookie – Chocolate Chips with M&M’s® will be not only Santa’s favorite cookie but a favorite cookie with family and friends as well.
This year I am participating in the 4th annual Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap hosted by these fabulous bloggers:
- Bread Booze Bacon
- Home. Made. Interest.
- It’s A Keeper
- Our Mini Family
- Cooking on the Front Burner
- Create. Craft. Love.
As part of this cookie swap, I exchange recipes with another incredible blogger, Catharine Mini, blogger at Our Mini Family. I sent her my Pumpkin Eggnog Thumbprint cookie recipe, which is a delicious pumpkin cookie recipe topped with a yummy eggnog frosting.
In exchange Catharine sent me her recipe, Santa’s Favorite Cookie, a heavenly chocolate chip cookie loaded with M&Ms. These were so good, I barely got the cookies in the oven before Mr Flavor Mosaic ate all the cookie dough.
Our Mini Family’s “Santa’s Favorite Cookie” recipe is a wonderful, chocolate chip cookie recipe for the whole family to enjoy.
Leave these cookies for Santa and I bet you will be on his “nice” list all year long.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
Email | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Santa's Favorite Cookie - Chocolate Chips with M&M's®
- 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup of baker's fine granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- A pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup of baking chocolate chips
- 1 cup of M&M's® Holiday Milk Chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees (F). Prep your cookie sheets by either layering them with silicone baking mats, or use parchment paper.
- In a mixer, combine butter with your granulated sugar and brown sugar. Combine well.
- Crack your egg into the batch and mix in the egg with the vanilla extract. Ensure it's mixing evenly and scrape the bowl as needed.
- In a separate large bowl, mix flour with salt, cornstarch, and baking soda. Mix well. Slowly add in this dry ingredient mix into your mixer bowl, and whisk well as you add more ingredients.
- Once majority of the ingredients have been mixed really well, slowly pour in your M&M's® Holiday Milk Chocolate and baking chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop or large spoon, place cookie dough balls onto baking mat/parchment paper, and leave about 1 1/2 inches in-between the cookies. Feel free to use a few extra M&M's® Holiday Milk Chocolate and place them on top of your cookie dough balls, so you will be able to see the candy on the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges have started to lightly brown and harden.
- Cool your cookies on a cooling rack, or remove them from the baking sheet with a spatula to a flat room-temperature surface.
- Serve warm or cooled! Whatever you prefer--pair these cookies with Great Value 2% Milk, because it tastes awesome!
I agree, with holiday green and red mm’s, it has to eb Santa’s favorite.
Cathy @ Our Mini Family says
YUM!! SO glad you and Mr. Flavor Mosaic enjoyed baking my recipe!! Thanks for joining our recipe swap!
Thanks Cathy! Those cookies were a hit!
Yummm! These look great. M&M cookies are 100% my favorite kind of cookie, and this looks like a great new recipe to try!