I made these Meatball Biscuit Sliders for the Super Bowl. They are a perfect mini size that are great for a buffet to let people graze during the big game, or during any party. While they may be small, they are packed with flavor. Not only do they have ground beef, but they also have italian sausage as well as lots of herbs and spices. But we are not done. For even more flavor, spoon your favorite marinara sauce over the top and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
I thought I had bought some rolls, but they were nowhere to be found. So I improvised. I had Pillsbury Grands Jr. refrigerated biscuits. So I made the biscuits and used those for the sliders. They worked perfectly, and tasted fantastic! I may never go back to using rolls again.
I also like these meatballs because I can make a double batch and freeze half of them to use for a quick weeknight dinner in the future. While they make excellent sliders, the meatballs are so versatile, they can be served over pasta, or in a sandwich, or by themselves.
Give these a try. They are easy, flavorful, and a little spicy. If you like the heat, either reduce or eliminate the crushed red pepper flakes.
- 1 package Pillsbury refrigerated Grands biscuits
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound bulk italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional or adjust to taste)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (I like lots of pepper)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare biscuits according to package directions. Set aside.
- Place the ground beef and italian sausage into a mixing bowl, and season with onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Add 2 eggs, parmesan cheese, and seasoned bread crumbs. Mix until evenly blended. Then form into 1-1/2 inch meatballs, and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 400 degrees until no longer pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place one meatball on top of the bottom half of one biscuit. Spoon about one or two teaspoons of marinara sauce on top of each meatball. Sprinkle with a little shredded mozzarella cheese. Return the meatballs with the bottom half of the biscuits to the oven for about 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Top with the other half of the biscuit and serve.
If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox.