What’s for lunch? I don’t know until I check the fridge and pantry.
You will notice this is an ongoing theme. I almost called this blog From Pantry to Plate but that was taken. I would like to say I am organized and plan all my meals a week or month in advance. But sadly no. I’m much more spontaneous. I like that word. That sounds good. I like to see what I can create from what we have on hand. It is a challenge…..kind of like that show Chopped on the Food Network but without the competition and judges. Well, in reality, you are the judges.
Today I had tortellini and bacon in the fridge. That sounds like I can make a lunch from that. Toss in a few vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, and onions and cover it all in a creamy, tangy, sweet dressing and voila…..Lunch! That is about all it takes as well. Simple, easy, and delicious! Now it’s your turn. Enjoy!
- 1 (9-ounce) package whole wheat cheese tortellini
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cups chopped fresh cooked broccoli
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 slices cooked center-cut bacon, crumbled
- Prepare the tortellini according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, horseradish, vinegar, and sugar. Add in tortellini, broccoli, carrots, onion, tomatoes and bacon. Stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed and coated with dressing.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.