What’s for lunch? I don’t know until I check the fridge and pantry.
You will notice this is an ongoing theme. I almost called this blog From Pantry to Plate but that was taken. I would like to say I am organized and plan all my meals a week or month in advance. But sadly no. I’m much more spontaneous. I like that word. That sounds good. I like to see what I can create from what we have on hand. It is a challenge…..kind of like that show Chopped on the Food Network but without the competition and judges. Well, in reality, you are the judges.
Today I had tortellini and bacon in the fridge. That sounds like I can make a lunch from that. Toss in a few vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, and onions and cover it all in a creamy, tangy, sweet dressing and voila…..Lunch! That is about all it takes as well. Simple, easy, and delicious! Now it’s your turn. Enjoy!
What Makes This Tortellini Bacon and Broccoli Salad Recipe Unique?
- This Tortellini Bacon and Broccoli Salad includes healthier ingredients, such as whole wheat cheese tortellini and light Mayonnaise.
- It also has an extra tangy kick from horseradish.
Ingredients For Tortellini Bacon and Broccoli Salad
- Whole Wheat Cheese Tortellini
- Light Mayonnaise
- Red Onion
- Grape Tomatoes
- Center-cut bacon
How To Make Tortellini Bacon And Broccoli Salad
- Prepare the the tortellini per the package instructions.
- Make the dressing by mixing together mayonnaise, horseradish, vinegar, and sugar in a bowl.
- Add tortellini, broccoli, carrots, onion, and bacon.
- Stir until all ingredients are covered with the dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
What To Serve with Tortellini Bacon and Broccoli Salad
- Green Salad
Tortellini Bacon and Broccoli Salad
- 1 9-ounce package whole wheat cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cups chopped fresh cooked broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 4 slices cooked center-cut bacon crumbled
- Prepare the tortellini according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, horseradish, vinegar, and sugar. Add in tortellini, broccoli, carrots, onion, tomatoes and bacon. Stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed and coated with dressing.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.