This sweet, moist Strawberry Bread is a fantastic quick bread to make when you have fresh strawberries on hand.
If you follow my blog, you can tell I love strawberries and strawberry desserts! The more, the better, the fresher, the better.
You all must love strawberries too! How do I know? My Strawberry Crumb Bars are one of the most popular posts out of over 500 on my blog, and my Strawberry Cheesecake Salad and Strawberry Dump Cake are gaining popularity every day!
So when I had fresh strawberries on hand and a day off of work (from my day job) on a rainy Fourth of July, I decided to bake this Strawberry Bread. Trust me; you will thank me later when you try it because it is so good!
What Is Strawberry Bread?
So when my husband looked at me quizzically and asked why I would make bread with strawberries in it, I told him it was not like putting strawberries in regular sliced sandwich bread, which is what he had pictured in his mind.
Strawberry Bread is a quick sweet bread, like banana bread or pumpkin bread or cranberry bread, except this one has a vanilla base (like a cake) and chopped fresh strawberries in it. I’m drooling over the keyboard now, thinking about it.
What Ingredients Are In Strawberry Bread?
First of all, and most importantly, you need fresh strawberries! Did I mention strawberries? LOL!
The rest of the ingredients are the same as you would use in other quick bread.
- Baking Powder
Yes, you could use melted butter instead of oil, but I like the oil in this recipe for the added moisture it brings to the recipe.
You will also need a 9 x 5 loaf pan to bake this Strawberry Bread.
How Do You Make Strawberry Bread?
I recommend reading the detailed step by step instructions in the printable recipe below. However, here is a quick overview of the steps required to make Strawberry Bread.
- Chop the fresh strawberries. You will need 2 cups of fresh strawberries. I like to dice the strawberries into small pieces rather than having big chunks of strawberries in the Strawberry Bread.
- Coat the Chopped Strawberries in a tablespoon of flour. Have you ever baked a strawberry cake and had all the fruit stay at the bottom of the cake and get soggy? Yeah, I hate that, don’t you? To avoid that issue and to keep the strawberries distributed throughout the bread and not sink to the bottom, coat them in a little flour before adding them to the batter. Yes, that is the secret! Please, please, please do not skip this important step!
- Dry Ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients listed above.
- Wet Ingredients. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients listed above.
- Combine. Carefully pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined and it has formed the batter. Be careful not to overmix otherwise your Strawberry Quickbread will be a tough, rubbery loaf.
- Fold in Strawberries. Carefully fold in the chopped strawberries and stir just until combined and strawberries are evenly distributed.
You now have all the information you need to make Strawberry Bread. So head to the grocery store and pick up some fresh strawberries and start baking!!
Then please come back here and let me know how you liked it? I love hearing from you.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out these other Strawberry recipes!
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the egg, sugar, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined and moistened. Be careful not to overmix.
- Carefully fold in the chopped strawberries and stir just until combined and strawberries are evenly distributed.
- Pour the Strawberry Bread batter into the prepared 9x5 loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes to an hour. Check it at 50 minutes and if it needs more time, check it in 5 minutes. (It is done when a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.)
- Remove the Strawberry Bread from the oven when done and cool on a wire rack.
Pin to Save