Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Mini Parfaits are a lightened up version of the traditional Strawberry Pretzel Dessert (or Salad) made with Greek yogurt and served in portion-controlled sized mini mason jars.
I created this recipe as part of a sponsored series with Socialstars and SPLENDA® Brand; all opinions are my own. #SweetSwaps #SplendaSweeties
When I was a kid, my parents would take my brother and I out each year to the local Strawberry Festival, just outside of town to celebrate everything strawberry. They sold dozens of strawberry desserts, including strawberry shortcake, strawberry ice cream, and, of course, fresh strawberries. They had contests and music and even crowned the King, Queen, Prince and Princess, and Duke and Duchess of the Strawberry Festival.
My Mom would always buy some fresh strawberries to bring home. They were so sweet and juicy that they tasted incredible in every dish made with them.
Whenever we went to a potluck or picnic my Mom would take a Strawberry Pretzel Dessert. She called it a salad, but it was definitely a dessert. It tasted the best when it was made with the fresh strawberries that we bought from the festival.
Honestly, if I was alone with that Strawberry Pretzel Dessert it would disappear in no time flat. I had no willpower when it came to all those sweet strawberries, creamy cream cheese and whipped cream. It tasted like heaven, but was hell on my waistline!
That is why I created these lightened up Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Mini Parfaits! They still have the sweet fresh strawberries, but the sweet creamy goodness comes from Greek yogurt instead of cream cheese and whipped cream, and it still has a nice crunch from the pretzels and pecans.
Instead of regular sugar, I added SPLENDA® Sugar Blend to sweeten the Greek yogurt and the pretzel / pecan mixture. This added sweetness to the recipe while reducing the overall sugar content in the dessert and allowed the taste of the fresh ingredients to come through.
For more tips, tricks, ideas, and recipes, visit Splenda Sweet Swaps to learn how to swap out full sugar for SPLENDA Sweeteners! Be aware that not all yellow packets contain SPLENDA® Sweeteners. When ordering out, be sure to ask for SPLENDA® Brand by name!
You can make these Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Mini Parfaits easily in 15 minutes with a few simple ingredients.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 3 cups pretzel sticks or mini twists
- 1-1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon SPLENDA® Sugar Blend
- 2-1/4 cups Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons SPLENDA® Sugar Blend
- 36 strawberries diced
- Crush the pretzels in a food processor or place them in a ziptop plastic bag and crush them by rolling over them several times with a rolling pin.
- In a small bowl combine the crushed pretzels with the chopped pecans. Pour in the melted butter and stir to coat. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon SPLENDA® Sugar Blend and stir to coat.
- Divide the pretzel / pecan mixture evenly between the mini mason jars, pressing them against the bottom of each jar.
- In a medium bowl stir together the Greek yogurt and 3 tablespoons of SPLENDA® Sugar Blend. If the yogurt is too thick, pour in a little milk to make it creamy. (This is optional as it depends on the yogurt used.)
- Add a teaspoon or two to each mini mason jar on top of the pretzel mixture. Top with chopped strawberries. Repeat another layer of yogurt and strawberries.
If you like this Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Mini Parfaits, you will love these other desserts!