These easy Strawberry Crumb Bars, with a buttery crust, sweet fresh strawberry filling, and crunchy butter crumb topping make wonderful dessert bars for an afternoon snack, or to take to a summer party, picnic, or potluck.
It is Saturday, the day of my friend’s party, and she tells me to bring a dessert to the party. no worries! There are a number of delicious quick and easy desserts for me to choose from.
If you have followed my blog, you will notice that my desserts are usually simple. Often magic bars, fruit bars, or brownies. Nothing complicated. I saw no reason to change that trend. After all, my blog is all about fast, easy, and flavorful recipes.
Yet I love desserts that taste fabulous but are really very simple to make.
These Strawberry Crumb Bars are one of those desserts. Lots of flavor from sweet fresh strawberries and a buttery crumb crust and topping.
There is just something about the juicy, sweet strawberries in the spring and summer that makes me want to serve them in as many things as possible, especially desserts, like the Mini Strawberry Pretzel Desserts and Strawberry Cheesecake Salad, in addition to these Strawberry Crumb Bars.
I adapted these Strawberry Crumb Bars from my Blueberry Crumb Bars recipe by using fresh strawberries instead of blueberries. Both taste amazing.
I also used only white sugar for these Strawberry Crumb Bars instead of using a combination of white and brown sugar.
The Strawberry Crumb Bars take a little longer than the Blueberry Crumb Bars because you have to chop the fresh strawberries. However, the end result is totally worth the effort.
How To Make Strawberry Crumb Bars
- Make the Crumb Crust and Topping
- Make the Strawberry Filling
- Assemble the Strawberry Crumb Bars in the baking pan.
- Bake the Strawberry Crumb Bars.
- Cool the Strawberry Crumb Bars.
NOTE: See video above and detailed written instructions in the printable recipe below. (Scroll down for printable recipe.)
- Make sure your butter is very cold. This is extremely important to get the crumb crust to be the correct consistency. If the butter is warm, it starts melting too soon.
- Don’t overwork the crumb topping. This also will make the butter melt too soon.
- Use your food processor for perfect crumb consistency without the work. It just makes it a little easier.
- Be patient. Patiently wait for these to bake AND COOL!
For which occasion will you be making these awesome Strawberry Crumb Bars?
Other Strawberry Recipes You May Like
Before you make this recipe, be sure to check out our other similar recipes, and continue scrolling down for the Strawberry Crumb Bars printable recipe below.
If you have more strawberries, how about making this awesome Strawberry Cheesecake Salad?
If you like these Strawberry Crumb Bars, be sure to try this summery Strawberry Margarita Pie!
Other Bar Recipes To Try
If you like these Strawberry Crumb Bars, be sure to try my Blueberry Crumb Bars, which were the inspiration for the Strawberry Crumb Bars.
These Lemon Crumb Bars make perfect crumb bars for Spring and Summer!
To add a little chocolate to your crumb bars, try these Chocolate Chip Caramel Crumb Bars!
If you like bar recipes, try these Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars!
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup very cold butter, (8 Tablespoons or 1 stick of butter)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Place parchment paper on the bottom of the 8x8 pan that hangs over the side of the pan. (This is to make it easier to remove the Strawberry Crumb Bars after cooking.)
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1/2 cup white sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
In a separate measuring cup or small bowl, beat an egg with a fork. Add the egg and vanilla to the flour mixture.
- Using a fork or a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour mixture. (VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure the butter is very cold.) Work with the dough until the pieces are very small. Dough will be crumbly.
- Pat half of the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In another bowl, stir together 1/3 cup sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the strawberries.
- Spoon the strawberry mixture evenly over the bottom crust.
Crumble the remaining dough over the strawberry filling layer.
Bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is slightly golden brown. (My oven runs hot and baked in about 38 minutes.)
Cool completely before cutting into squares. I recommend refrigerating until ready to serve.
- It is very important that your butter be very cold. Also, when working with the crumb crust, be careful not to over work it because you don't want your hands to warm up the crust. You want the crust to be very cold.
- The sweetness of the strawberries used matters. If your strawberries are not very sweet, you may need to increase the amount of sugar used in step 7 to about 1/2 a cup.
- You can easily double the ingredients to make a 9x13 pan of the Strawberry Crumb Bars. Just change the number of servings above and it will adjust the amounts of the ingredients.
If you like these Strawberry Crumb Bars, be sure to try my Blueberry Crumb Bars.