Strawberry Chocolate Mousse Brownies are layered with a chocolate fudge brownie base, topped with a layer of light, creamy chocolate mousse, further topped with a layer of whipped cream, and luscious fresh strawberries, drizzled with a chocolate ganache. It makes a beautiful and impressive Valentine’s Day dessert and pairs well with the Gallo Family Vineyards Riesling wine.
In our first years of marriage, Mr. Flavor Mosaic would want to take me out to eat at a fancy restaurant on Valentine’s Day. That is the thing to do, right? Wine and dine at a fancy restaurant. Sounds romantic, right? Not….at least not our experiences trying to eat out on Valentine’s Day.
First, we had to fight traffic jams just to get to several of the restaurants. Then one of the restaurants required you to come in early (like at noon) to get a number and time for a reservation. They did not take reservations over the phone. If you didn’t get there before 2pm, you were out of luck. That was us. So we had to resort to plan B.
We tried several more restaurants that had 1-1/2 hour waits or more. We finally found a restaurant that could seat us in a reasonable time, if we were willing to accept the table location……outside, on the patio. Sounds nice, right? The only problem was it was 35 degrees. Never mind. We were desperate. We took it, and froze. Thankfully the food was excellent. However, that was the last time we have eaten out on Valentine’s Day.
What we have done ever since is to have a nice, quiet, romantic dinner at home with delicious food, cooked just the way we like it, and served with our favorite Gallo Family Vineyards wine. Mr. Flavor Mosaic often will grill some chicken, while I make some roasted vegetables, and a nice pasta side dish, and the rest of the meal. Then I make a dessert sure to impress Mr. Flavor Mosaic.
This year I am making these gorgeous Strawberry Chocolate Mousse Brownies for dessert. I love that I can make the brownies and chocolate mousse ahead of time and then top them with the whipped cream and fresh strawberries just before serving. To make it even more impressive, I drizzle some chocolate ganache over the top. Mr. Flavor Mosaic is a HUGE chocolate lover, so I know he will love this chocolate-y dessert.
Of course, we can’t have a Valentine’s Dinner and dessert without Gallo Family Vineyards wine. This year I’m serving our favorite, Gallo Family Vineyards Riesling wine, which is a sweet white wine with hints of honeysuckle, peach and ripe citrus. We love serving this sweet wine with dessert. Another wine that would go well with it is Gallo Family Vineyards Sweet Red Wine, with flavors of red fruit, black cherry and raspberry jam.
While this dessert takes a little planning and time to make, it can be made a day or two before Valentine’s Day to reduce the stress on Valentine’s day. When you break it down into making a layer at a time, then it becomes very easy. Start by making the brownie layer. I use my favorite tried and true brownie recipe appropriately titled “Best Brownies.” The chocolate mousse is made by combining chocolate pudding mix and frozen mixed topping. Easy. Save some of that whipped topping to go on top. Add some fresh strawberries and drizzle with chocolate ganache, made with chocolate chips and butter. See, it is easy after all.
I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment and let me know if you will be making these Strawberry Chocolate Mousse Brownies for Valentine’s Day or another special occasion.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 1 batch Best Brownies
- ½ 1.9 ounce package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 8 ounce package frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 12 fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Make the brownies as directed. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl stir together the chocolate pudding mix and milk. Stir in whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate.
- To assemble, spoon the chocolate mousse mixture in a thin layer on top of the brownies. Cover and refrigerate for four hours or overnight.
- Shortly before serving, make the chocolate ganache. Add chocolate chips and butter to a microwave bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Remove the bowl and stir the chocolate. Repeat as necessary until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Before serving top brownies with remaining whipped topping and fresh strawberries. Drizzle with chocolate ganache.
For more information on Gallo Family Vineyards’ wines and recipe pairing ideas, visit their web site and locate a store near you or look through their GFV’s Valentine’s Day blog post. Be sure to keep up with them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube for new products or recipes.
For more recipes be sure to visit the other Sunday Supper member blogs.
Alluring Appetizers and Brunch:
- Burrata and Garlic Tomato Appetizer by Family Foodie
- Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms by Life Tastes Good
- Strawberry Love Bombs by Peaceful Cooking
Magnificent Main Dishes:
- Braised Lamb Ragu by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Bruschetta Chicken and Pasta by Casa de Crews
- Mahi Mahi with Roasted Tomatoes and Fennel by The Messy Baker
- Seafood Risotto by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Thai Sweet Chili Glazed Salmon by The Foodie Army Wife
Dazzling Desserts and Sweets:
- Caramel Apple Pie Bites for Two by Feed Me, Seymour
- Chocolate Coconut Haystacks by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Coeur a la Creme by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Espresso Creme Brulee by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Gluten Free Deep Dish Red Velvet Brownies for Two by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Creamy Lemon Tart by Magnolia Days
- Mocha Fudge by Alida’s Kitchen
- Polenta Cake with Honey Yogurt and Peach Preserves by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Raspberry Custard by Nosh My Way
- Raspberry Meringue Hearts by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Chocolate Mousse Brownie by Flavor Mosaic
- Valentine’s Day Cream Puffs by Ruffles & Truffles
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.