Pineapple Ice Cream is a creamy no churn ice cream that is loaded with pineapple for a sweet summer dessert. It’s like a tropical vacation in a bowl!
Made with just four simple ingredients, like my Strawberry Ice Cream recipe, chances are you already have everything on hand to make this epic pineapple ice cream dessert.
What I personally love about this ice cream with pineapple is how easy it is. Not only is it made from everyday staple pantry and grocery items, it comes together in about 8 minutes and then just pop it in the freezer.
So simple… so delicious, what’s not to love?! It is truly one of my favorite Summer Desserts!
What Do I Need To Make Pineapple Ice Cream
- Crushed pineapple. I have also found using fresh pineapple in place of crushed pineapple to be a little too acidic for a delicate ice cream like this one. Crushed pineapple tends to have much less acid.
- Heavy whipping cream. We actually whip the cream to make this ice cream no churn. I told you it was simple! Make sure that you use heavy whipping cream, using any other kind of dairy may not whip as expected.
- Sweetened condensed milk. We always have this on hand. Perfect in so many recipes.
- Vanilla extract. Make this pineapple ice cream extra special by using vanilla bean paste in place of vanilla extract. While vanilla bean paste isn’t the easiest ingredient to find, if you do – grab it up! The little specks of vanilla bean throughout the pineapple ice cream just adds a beautiful contrast to the ice cream base and pineapple. Plus, it adds an even deeper, more rich vanilla flavor. YUM.
I highly suggest using the ingredients listed above and not to play around too much with the actual base of the recipe. Adding additional liquid, for example can result in a more icy finish to the ice cream instead of keeping it very smooth.
Sweetened condensed milk with the crushed pineapple personally adds the perfect amount of sweetness. If you like your ice cream a little sweeter, I suggest adding in 2 teaspoons of brown sugar to the mix while adding in the sweetened condensed milk.
- A hand or stand mixer – I tend to use hand mixers more for no churn ice cream.
- Measuring cups and spoons.
- A strainer, to strain the crushed pineapple.
- Rubber spatula
- Loaf pan or other freezer safe dish to freeze the ice cream in.
- Plastic wrap
How To Make Pineapple Ice Cream
- Add whipping cream in a large bowl. With a hand or stand mixer, whip the cream on medium speed to form soft peaks, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, whip to combine fully. Stir in the crushed pineapple that has been drained.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a freezer safe dish. Cover and freeze for 6 to 8 hours or until frozen solid.
This pineapple ice cream recipe is definitely beginner level.
The hardest part is the actual whipping of the cream. You want the cream to come to a soft peak.
Soft peak is when the cream is whipped and air is incorporated throughout but it does not stand up like a traditional whipped cream, which would be the stiff peak stage.
While whipping the cream, just whip it until a light ribbon pattern is shown through the cream, it should not hold its shape but slightly droop back into the bowl.
Variations And Add-Ons
This is a base recipe meaning make this no churn ice cream base with pineapple then you can mix in other ingredients to suit your taste. However, I do not suggest adding more liquid other than extracts.
Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream? Add in ½ teaspoon of coconut extract along with some flaked coconut for a texture variance throughout. Hello Pina Colada!
Add additional fruits such as chopped maraschino cherries, chopped canned peaches, or crushed raspberries for example.
Add a little yellow food coloring to make it look a little more tropical.
Almond extract, lemon extract, etc. Play around with some more flavors.
You could also purchase some premade caramel sauce and gently fold it into the ice cream, leaving streaks of it before transferring it to the freezer safe bowl. Simple and delicious.
This is your ice cream, roll with it, make it your own!
What goes with pineapple ice cream?
Other than eating this pineapple ice cream straight up with a spoon, it also goes great with other desserts.
A scoop on top of coconut cake, a vanilla blondie, or a warm white chocolate macadamia nut skillet cookie would be divine.
Hot caramel sauce, pineapple topping, or honeyed walnuts for a topping is great as well!
Use this pineapple ice cream as you would regular vanilla ice cream in multiple dishes for a tropical flare.
How to store pineapple ice cream
Once the ice cream is frozen solid, it will keep in the fridge for up to 3 months. Wrap it tightly if you plan on keeping it that long.
This ice cream with pineapple is one of those desserts where I will sneak in the kitchen every so often and grab a spoonful. It’s just that good!
If you make this epic pineapple ice cream, please let us know in the comments below! Did you make it exactly like the recipe or did you end up adding your own twist to it with mix-ins?
More Pineapple Dessert Recipes
- Pineapple Delight – A cool, creamy pineapple tropical dessert!
- Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie – Make this for a delicious breakfast or sweet treat later in the day!
- Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake – With only 6 ingredients, this sweet dessert is super easy to make and delicious.
Be sure to try this recipe and come back and rate it and leave a comment to let us know how you liked it!
If you like this recipe or make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment, rate the recipe, and follow us on:
Pineapple Ice Cream
- Add 2 cups or 16-ounces of whipping cream in a stand mixer or in a large bowl. Using the stand or hand mixer, whip the cream for about 3 - 5 minutes on medium speed or until it forms soft peaks.
- Add the 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Whip to combine.
- Add in 16-ounces of crushed pineapple that has been drained and stir.
- Pour the pineapple ice cream into a freezer-safe loaf pan or dish. Cover and freeze the ice cream for 8 hours or until completely frozen.