This Easy Banana Nut Muffins recipe makes rich, moist, and delicious Banana Nut Muffins that are easy to make and have a rich banana flavor.
Who doesn’t love Banana Nut Muffins? I have found that the key to really rich-tasting muffins with tons of banana flavor is to use really ripe, actually overripe bananas. If your bananas are still a little green or even just yellow, wait to make the recipe until the banana peels have lots of brown spots that all start to run together. When the bananas start to get to the point where rest of the family would want to throw them out, that is when you want make these Easy Banana Nut Muffins!
The recipe is so easy and you likely have all the ingredients on hand. The most difficult part is waiting on the bananas to ripen before you make the recipe.
Then they are so easy to make. And once they come out of the oven, you have these rich, moist, yummy banana nut muffins that the whole family goes crazy over. I like it because they are portable. It is one of the ways I can get Mr. Flavor Mosaic to eat breakfast. He is not a breakfast person.
Got bananas? Going bananas? Either way, make these Easy Banana Nut Muffins and your whole family will love them!
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin pan with cooking spray, or use with muffin paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, white sugar, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Stir in the chopped nuts. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. (I use an ice cream scoop to scoop just the right amount of batter in each tin and to get nice rounded muffin tops.)
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
If you like this recipe be sure to try my Banana Nut Cinnamon Muffins.
Or you may enjoy these Easy Blueberry Muffins.
Or you may love these Strawberry Muffins.
If you love pumpkin try my Pumpkin Streusel Muffins.