Creamy Corn, Peas and Pasta is a delicious, versatile pasta dish that can be used as a side dish or a vegetarian main dish. Add some chicken and you have a great hot lunch, or serve cold for a fantastic pasta salad.
I made this for a quick and easy lunch using pantry ingredients. This creamy pasta dish includes pasta, peas, mushrooms, and corn in a flavorful cream sauce. It will work wonderfully with whichever pasta and vegetables you have in your house.
Add a great cream sauce and you have a delicious dish.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out my other corn recipes, such as Instant Pot Corn Chowder, Maque Choux, and Mexican Street Corn Salad.
Creamy Corn, Peas and Pasta
- 8 ounces 1/2 box pasta (works great with rotini or shell pasta)
- 15 ounces corn, drained
- 12 ounces frozen peas and mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup shredded Italian style cheese
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions and drain.
- Microwave the frozen peas and carrots according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Stir in garlic and crushed red pepper and cook for about 1 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of flour. Stir for a couple of minutes until it makes a paste. Pour in the half and half and stir continuously for about 7 minutes until thickened.
- Add in the drained pasta, corn, and drained peas and mushrooms. Stir in the shredded cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Can I use whole milk instead??
Yes, you can use whole milk instead of half and half.