Creamy Corn, Peas and Pasta is a delicious, versatile pasta dish that can be used as a side dish or a vegetarian main dish. Add some chicken and you have a great hot lunch, or serve cold for a fantastic pasta salad.
I made this for a quick and easy lunch using pantry ingredients. This creamy pasta dish includes pasta, peas, mushrooms, and corn in a flavorful cream sauce. It will work wonderfully with whichever pasta and vegetables you have in your house.
Add a great cream sauce and you have a delicious dish.
- 8 ounces (1/2 box) pasta (works great with rotini or shell pasta)
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole corn, drained
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen peas and mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup shredded Italian style cheese
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions and drain.
- Microwave the frozen peas and carrots according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Stir in garlic and crushed red pepper and cook for about 1 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of flour. Stir for a couple of minutes until it makes a paste. Pour in the half and half and stir continuously for about 7 minutes until thickened.
- Add in the drained pasta, corn, and drained peas and mushrooms. Stir in the shredded cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.