Crispy Baked Chicken Fingers with a Spicy Avocado Sauce are delicious, crunchy and kid friendly.
I’m excited to be joining a group of talented bloggers in the Secret Recipe Club!! I’d heard about the club from several blogger friends who participate…and now I get to join them too!
If you aren’t familiar with the Secret Recipe Club (SCR), here is how it works: Each month, I will be assigned a new blog where I select one recipe from their site, make it, take photos of it, and write a blog post about it. At the same time, someone will be assigned to my blog and make one of my recipes and blog about it on their site. We all link back to each other, and get familiar with blogs that we might not have seen before! How cool is that??
My blog assignment for this month was SteaknPotatoesKindaGurl. This is my first blog assignment since joining the club! I LOVE Desiree‘s blog! It’s full of mouth-watering recipes. Desiree is an Ohio girl, who is family oriented, and has some great Southern recipes.
The recipe I chose to make was one that I knew was kid-friendly and that husband would adore! It’s quick, easy and great for back to school! Chicken Fingers with Spicy Avocado Sauce are a great meal or snack anytime !
I tweaked the recipe a little to dip the chicken in flour and egg before dredging through the bread crumbs. I also added parmesan cheese to the bread crumbs. The Spicy Avocado Sauce is awesome and goes great with the crispy chicken fingers. To keep the Avocado sauce kid friendly, you may want to consider leaving out the jalapeños.
Thank you Desiree for a wonderful recipe!
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
Email | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Chicken Fingers with Spicy Avocado Sauce
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1.25 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup flour
Spicy Avocado Sauce:
- 2 small avocados pitted and peeled
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp diced jalapenos optional
- 1 tbsp diced onions
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish add flour.
- In another bowl, which one egg.
- Combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and all of the seasonings for the chicken fingers in a shallow dish. Mix well.
- Dip the chicken strips in the flour, and then the egg, and then the breadcrumbs, and tap off excess bread crumbs. Place the chicken strips on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Spray the tops with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado and sour cream together with a fork. Fold in the jalapenos, onions, lime juice, cilantro, and hot sauce then season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve the chicken fingers with the avocado sauce on the side for dipping.
Michele, welcome to the SRC! I love your choice, the chicken fingers look amazing and I want that avocado sauce!
Renee's Kitchen Adventures says
mmmm….sounds like a dinner idea to me!! Welcome to the SRC! I love it! So many new recipes and blog to discover! Great job!
Our Eating Habits says
These look delicious! Welcome to the club!
Erin @ Making Memories says
Welcome to SRC! Your chicken fingers look heavenly! Great idea adding the parmesan cheese. My kids would devour these!
Cheese makes everything better!
Welcome to the club! 🙂 This dish looks awesome…I love making crispy chicken at home, but I’ve never done it with an avocado sauce..definitely need to try that, it looks so tasty! 🙂 Visiting from Group A!
Wow, this sounds amazing! I love your additions to the breading and the sauce sounds like the perfect compliment.
Welcome! So happy to have you 🙂 and glad you got my blog!! It’s been soooo long since I’ve made these and I need to make them again soon. Love your changes, can’t go wrong with cheese!! Also, loving your sidebar filled with delicious pics! Can’t wait to check out your other recipes 🙂
This is how I make my chicken fingers! Panko is the best to use as breading. I would love to try this Avocado sauce. It sounds awesome:)
You picked one of my fave recicpes from her blog. This is the recipe I use for my chicken tenders now. I like the addition of the Parmesan cheese.
Deanna Segrave-Daly (@tspbasil) says
Welcome to SRC! Ok, I pretty much love everything about this recipe – from the coating to that spicy avocado sauce – yum!