This post is sponsored by Prego®, but as always, all opinions, recipes, and photos are my own.
Chicken Alfredo Italian Totchos, inspired by the Italian style nachos at one of our favorite restaurants, use tater tots instead of tortilla or pasta chips to make a quick and easy, kid-friendly weeknight meal.
On weeknights after working all day or playing family chauffeur taking kids to and from soccer practice, dinner needs to be quick, easy, kid-friendly and delicious! It’s not an opinion, it is just a fact. This Chicken Alfredo Italian Totchos recipe was designed for a weeknight such as that, because it is fast, easy, and everyone in the family will love it.
My goal with this recipe was to make dinner a happy time with a wholesome meal that both kids and adults will love. What kid (or big kid) does not LOVE Chicken Alfredo? There is just something so warm and comforting about that creamy, cheesy sauce. But let’s face it, on a busy weeknight, who wants to stand over the hot stove constantly stirring the sauce for 30 minutes, especially with kids and pets under foot?
We love Italian Nachos when eating out at one of our favorite restaurants. However, we can’t afford to eat out every night. That is why we love Prego® Homestyle Alfredo Sauce. It provides that rich, creamy, flavorful sauce without the time and hassle of making it yourself or the expense of eating out. Just heat it up and it is ready to add to your favorite recipe!
For more information about Prego Homestyle Alfredo Sauce, check out Prego’s website and Facebook page. This Chicken Alfredo Italian Totchos recipe is so easy to put together. Start by baking the tater tots.
Then add cubed or shredded cooked chicken breast, such as from a rotisserie chicken, as well as sliced cherry tomatoes, Italian parsley or basil, green onions, black olives, and the star attraction, Prego Homestyle Alfredo sauce.
Start layering with a base of tater tots.
Add the cooked chicken breast.
Then heat up the creamy Prego Homestyle Alfredo sauce for only a few minutes.
Spoon the rich, creamy Prego Homestyle Alfredo Sauce over the chicken and tater tots.
Sprinkle shredded Italian Blend Cheese, including mozzarella and parmesan, on top and microwave for a minute or so to melt the cheese. If you have the totchos on an oven-safe dish, you could also heat it in the oven if you preferred.
Over the top of the totchos, add sliced cherry tomatoes and black olives evenly, as well as green onions and chopped Italian parsley or basil.
Now you have a hot, wholesome, quick and easy meal the whole family will love!
Serve the Chicken Alfredo Italian Totchos while hot. You can add your favorite nacho toppings such as jalapeños, banana peppers, or whatever you like.
What will you serve with your Chicken Alfredo Italian Totchos?
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 1/2 28 ounce package frozen tater tots
- 1-1/2 cups cooked chicken breast cubed or shredded (Rotisserie chicken works well)
- 1 14 ounce Prego Homestyle Alfredo Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups Italian Blend cheese mozzarella, parmesan
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley chopped
- 4 green onions thinly chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced Black Olives
- Bake tater tots per package directions in a preheated oven.
- Remove baked tater tots from oven and place on a large microwavable serving dish.
- Spread cooked chicken breast evenly over the tater tots.
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, add the Prego Homestyle Alfredo. Cook for about 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Pour the Prego Homestyle Alfredo Sauce over the tater tots and cooked chicken.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the sauce.
- Microwave the “totchos” for about one minute or until cheese is melted.
- Then top with the tomatoes, parsley, green onions and black olives.
- Serve hot.