I created this Berry Basil Lemonade as part of a sponsored series with Socialstars and SPLENDA® Brand; all opinions are my own. #SweetSwaps #SplendaSweeties
This homemade Berry Basil Lemonade is a cool, sweet and refreshing non-alcoholic summer drink / beverage, made with fresh strawberries, blueberries, lemons, and basil, and is perfect for a picnic or poolside party.
With the summer heat in Texas, we love our cool drinks. They are a must. This cool and refreshing Berry Basil Lemonade hits the spot.
I love to set up a Lemonade “bar” poolside to let everyone customize their lemonade to suit their taste. I set out summer berries, such as blueberries or strawberries. Raspberries would work as well. I also include basil, but mint would be great too. Of course, I include slices of fresh lemons also. It allows everyone to get their lemonade just the way they like it.
I also leave the pitcher of lemonade unsweetened to allow each person to add just the right amount of sweetness for their taste.
For me, I sweeten my Berry Basil Lemonade with a couple of drops of SPLENDA ZERO™ Liquid Sweetener instead of sugar in this. It is the easiest way to get the perfect amount of sweetness throughout the smoothie. One squeeze is equivalent to the sweetness of 1 tsp of sugar. It has “Zero Calories. Zero Carbs. Zero Sugar. Zero Effort.” Be sure to check out their website for more recipe ideas.
Did you know that not all yellow packets contain SPLENDA® Sweeteners?! When ordering at coffee shops or restaurants, make sure to ask for the SPLENDA® Brand by name! If you don’t , they may serve you a generic sweetener in a yellow packet, not your beloved SPLENDA® Brand!
Besides the delicious sweet flavor of these Berry Basil Lemonade, I love that they make a beautiful presentation with all the colors. They are almost tropical. I can imagine being on a Carribean Island sipping one of these Berry Basil Lemonades as the waves lap up over the sand. A girl can dream, can’t she?!
If you want a cool and refreshing summer beverage, I highly recommend this Berry Basil Lemonade made with SPLENDA ZERO™ Liquid Sweetener.
Tell me what are your favorite ways to customize your lemonade?
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 1-1/2 cups fresh lemon juice juice from about 6 lemons
- 10 cups of water
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 1 to 2 squeezes of SPLENDA ZERO™ Liquid Sweetener for each glass
- 3 -4 Lemons sliced for garnish
- In a large pitcher combine the water and lemon juice. Add slices of fresh lemon for presentation. Instead of sweetening the entire pitcher, I sweeten each glass of lemonade.
- In each glass pour the lemonade 2/3 full. Squeeze in one or two drops of SPLENDA ZERO™ Liquid Sweetener and stir.
- Add in 2 or 3 basil leaves, 5 or 6 blueberries, and several slices of strawberries. Add slices of lemons, if desired.
If you like this recipe you may also like these recipes: