This Thai Noodle Salad is full of flavor and vegetables, can be served hot or cold, and has just enough of a kick to get your attention at any BBQ, potluck, or picnic.
It is getting to be that time of year when I have Spring and Summer outdoor gatherings, such as graduation parties, barbecues, and picnics. I like to bring a dish that travels well and is likely to be enjoyed by a large group of people. I also don’t want to have to keep something hot. This Thai Noodle Salad is perfect for these types of occasions.
I was inspired by a photo by Melanie, who is an Allrecipes Allstar. She makes recipes on AllRecipes.com and takes photos of them to post on the site. Melanie’s photo of a Thai Rice noodle Salad caught my eye. It looked so delicious that I had to check out the recipe.
I saw that their Thai noodle salad used rice noodles, which I did not have. However, I had linguine on hand, which makes a delicious substitute. I’m sure many of my readers are also more likely to have pasta in the pantry instead of the rice noodles.
However, if you want to use rice noodles go right ahead. Just be sure to soak the noodles first per package directions.
I changed up a few of the ingredients to make this my own Thai Noodle Salad. I used fresh baby spinach instead of romaine lettuce, added shredded carrots and omitted the cucumbers (just personal preference), and added both red and green bell peppers for more color.
I preferred adding the minced garlic to the marinade and sprinkled the whole thing with a few black sesame seeds.
I simplified the marinade and it was delicious. This is a great make-ahead dish. Just be sure to keep it refrigerated until you are ready to serve.
This beautifully colorful and flavorful dish is sure to be a hit with your guests. For which occasion will you make this delicious Thai Noodle Salad?
Love this recipe? Receive FREE recipes in your inbox!
I want FREE Recipes!
Follow Flavor Mosaic’s recipe board on Pinterest.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
Email | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Thai Noodle Salad
Thai Noodle Salad
- 1 16-ounce package linguini
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or to taste
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds optional
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar or sherry
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Prepare the linguine per package instructions. Drain and rinse. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss to coat.
- Mix the spinach, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, red onion, green onions, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper with the linguine.
- Whisk together 1/3 cup olive oil, rice vinegar or sherry, soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, lime juice, and minced garlic together in a bowl; pour over the noodle mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds, if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Be sure to pin this recipe to save it for later or to share with friends.
I love salads like this. Yours looks pretty and delicious!
Megan @ MegUnprocessed says
These look so beautiful, colorful, seasonal and so delicious!
Baker by Nature says
Perfect Summer meal!
Angelina | Baked Ambrosia says
This looks amazing!! I love noodle salads, especially when I am entertaining guests 🙂