These Sausage Mediterranean Cups, with sausage, feta cheese, olives, thyme, and tomatoes, make tasty appetizers for Thanksgiving or a Holiday party and help make the holidays more memorable.
This post is sponsored by Randalls stores and Pillsbury™. I used Pillsbury’s Grands! Flaky Layer Biscuits, purchased at my local Randalls, to produce this awesome appetizer.
Each year as I get ready for Thanksgiving, baking pies, cooking sweet potatoes and finding all the fine china, table cloths, and good silverware, I sometimes don’t give much thought to appetizers to serve. However, it is inevitable that Thanksgiving dinner will be later than planned, guests will arrive late, and people get hungry and want to snack before dinner. Appetizers fill that gap before dinner. I like finger food type appetizers so people can visit and enjoy each others company. This is when memories are made.
I like to keep the appetizers casual and usually make a twist on comfort food. After all, Thanksgiving is all about comfort food, and sharing time with family and friends and giving thanks for everything we have. Comfort food seems to be a natural.
However, since I am already busy with the rest of the Thanksgiving dinner, I need something simple for the appetizers. That is why Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Biscuits from my local Randalls grocery store save me time yet make delicious appetizers.
This year I am adding a Mediterranean twist to the classic Sausage Biscuit Cups. It adds a unique flavor and sneaks in some vegetables into this comfort food appetizer.
In addition to the breakfast sausage and cream cheese, I add chopped tomatoes, onions, spanish olives, thyme, mushrooms, and feta cheese. I press each biscuit dough into the bottom and sides of each tin in a muffin tin pan. Then fill it with the sausage mixture, top with a little more cheese, and bake.
These Sausage Mediterranean Cups are easier to make than they look. Bake for only 20 minutes or so, and you have delicious hot appetizer to serve. Pick up some Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Layers Biscuits at your local Randalls, and make these awesome appetizers.
When are you going to start making memories with these Sausage Mediterranean Cups?
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Grands! Biscuits
- ½ lb bulk spicy pork sausage
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- ⅓ cup finely chopped green onion
- ¼ cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 6 green olives, chopped
- 1 roma tomato chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Press each biscuit into the bottom and sides of a muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a hot skillet over medium heat, brown sausage. Add onions and mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes. Add thyme, olives, tomato, and feta cheese.
- Stir in cream cheese, and continue stirring until it is melted and well combined.
- Spoon sausage mixture into each biscuit cup.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Safeway (please use name of your local store) . The opinions and text are all mine.